Should I post a bad review on an employer?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roy1986

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Well I'll start with the good news, I got 2 nice job offers and I'll probably accept 1 of them.

Nevertheless, During my job search I ran into the greatest ass holes on the face of the earth....
2 weeks ago, I went to a job interview, which ended pretty well, the team leader was thrilled and impressed by me, so a day later they asked me to come for interview with his managers.
Anyway, I am sitting in a room with 2 guys, one manages the R&D team(research & development)... and This cocky moron talked all sorts of honeysuckle 
about my former company and my job history, without even hiding his discontent of having me in his office. 
I got steams coming out from ears, I worked my ass off in that company and who had reached some great accomplishment in both the increase of our office and staff, and also the prestige of our customers. I am sure this ****** bag is very successful at what he does, aside from being a major ******, however, he should show more respect toward people.

well.. after the interview was over, the ****** asked me if I'm in contact with other companies, I told him "yeah, even have some offers"...
after 10 minutes I had a call from his HR manager that she wants to interview me... 
I said fine and came back.
after 1 hour, she asked for some references and I gave her 2 phone numbers.

well on that phase I thought, well maybe it could be a good opportunity and the ****** only pretends to be a dick, in order to get candidates off balance. 
then started the wait, after a week I called the HR company I work with and asked them "hey can you check what's going on with ****** company" 

After few hours I am getting an angry phone call from their HR manager who said with disrespectful tone "Listen! we are impressed by your skills, but we have decided to pursue other candidates".    W-T-F!!!!  

Now I'm pretty pissed off right now, not because they don't want me on board(I have other offers so fresia them), but because they treated like I'm some kind of a problem for them, even though they invited me to their office, one of their team leaders was pleased and asked me to come back..... 

I highly consider writing a very nasty review on glassdoor.com, many people in IT industry in my country go into that website to find about the experience of others in the company. On the other hand, I fear that those dick heads will find out that it's me and start bothering me on the phone.

No, you shouldn't let your anger cloud your better judgment... just accept that they likely went with an alternative candidate, and you happened to hear about it from an HR rep with a bad attitude. If there is any way that a future possible employer could see your review, you would only be making yourself look undesirable by going through with this.

I'm with Hoarse Whisperer - I definitely would not post any kind of review online about an employer. Yes, the company you mentioned sounds ******-y but just make a mental note and move on. I work in a small industry and my personal rule is to never, ever post online about my job. Besides, I'd rather keep my personal and work lives separate.
So you were able to at least post here and vent a little and it sounds like you have some positive job prospects - good for you. Now take a deep breath and step away from the keyboard - you'll be fine.

Consider it a blessing. What you've encountered is a sick organizational culture. Be glad. Be very glad. Move on. Forget them. They will rot from the inside-out.

Tempting as it is, I think it is always best to ignore and move on. There is no real benefit to you to post, and who knows how it could come back to bite you.

Would it help you in any way to post a bad review about them? I doubt it. It won't change anything.

As for the person that called you, there's a nurse at my doctor's office. Every time she calls me, she has an uppity tone about her, she sounds like a real *****, but she's not like that in the slightest when we are in the office, so maybe it's one of those things. Or maybe she was distracted or something else upset her and that's just how she came across and she didn't realize it.

Latest posts

Back