Learned something about myself that surprised me today

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nwahs

Reaction score
Been off & on Tinder for several months.

Nothing's ever come of it for me.  99.9% of women don't swipe right.  My understanding it's a hookup app.  Just Googled, though when it 1st came out, it was viewed as the "straight Grindr" it's since moved from simply a casual sex app to more traditional dating.  Anyway...

The women I have chatted to on there (always briefly) all seemed to be looking for a date/BF & alot got offended when I let them know I was searching for something casual.

Today, for the 1st time, after a very brief conversation a (younger, very good looking) woman asked to hookup later in the day.  Didn't reply for awhile.  For those who know Futurama, my initial reaction was like Kif whenever Amy wants sexy time.  Eventually replied "Sounds good".

I've not had casual sex before.  My self-esteem is where I find it difficult to understand why/how someone would/could be attracted to me.  The woman's not replied, which isn't the point.  Her asking to hook up filled me with alot of feelings.  Bewilderment, shock, surprise, worry.  What was absent is what surprised me.  I didn't feel turned on, didn't feel horny.  I didn't look forward to the potential, possible sex.  Laugh at myself, but 1 of the thoughts was...if she was coming over, how much cleaning up of the flat am I supposed to do for a one night stand?

Think I have an average sex drive for a guy.  Thought I'd have no problem with casual sex.  But...based on how I reacted (which surprised me), I don't believe it's for me.

Not looking for anything, just wanted to get this unexpected revelation about myself out & don't have anyone else to tell.

Nwahs said:
 Laugh at myself, but 1 of the thoughts was...if she was coming over, how much cleaning up of the flat am I supposed to do for a one night stand?

:D This. And "Will they want bacon or sausage with their breakfast?" I like to go all out.

LOL, didn't know I'm supposed to have breakfast as an option. Thought they slipped out during the wee hours while you're still sleeping, or have an awkward cup of coffee together before they did the walk of shame.

AmytheTemperamental said:
Nwahs said:
 Laugh at myself, but 1 of the thoughts was...if she was coming over, how much cleaning up of the flat am I supposed to do for a one night stand?

:D This. And "Will they want bacon or sausage with their breakfast?" I like to go all out.

Sounds like the worlds best B&B :p

Latest posts

Back