When You Send a message to people on dating sites, do you prefer they ignore you or..

• Thread starter AmytheTemperamental
  • Start date
Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

On Dating Sites, do you prefer to be ignored or have the other person reply with their disinterest?

• Ignore Me

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • Tell Me You Aren't Interested

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • I don't give a crap, rejection is rejection

Votes: 9 47.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait a minute is this thread in reference to to mine?? This poll .

I think we know the answer😉😉😉😉😉

Goood poll..

I prefer them to ignore me, because I might be mislead to believe that they are into me ,and then after reading the message I would be utterly disappointed. 
Aside from that, What benefits can I get from someone who rejects me? It's not real life, so their response is pointless, as we have not even exchanged a single word.

Well seeing as you give NO other information here who would care if someone ignores you, you wouldn't even know unless you've shown interest in them. If that is the case then they should at least be polite enough to turn you down. That said if someone doesn't reply to you then you could probably take it as a rejection and they just didn't want to hurt your feelings, or start drama over it. That person doesn't know what type of person you are, they could open themselves up to someone who might not be satisfied with an non interest, they might want more with reasons why. Some people probably feel safer or better if they don't reply rather than have something bad happen over extended communication.

On another note, if this thread was made about another member to poke fun at them, troll them, or whatever then that stops right now. I will not warn anyone again about it, I don't care if it isn't or what excuse there is. It stops. This isn't up for discussion or debate or retort, this is a warning to everyone.

Sci-Fi said:
Well seeing as you give NO other information here who would care if someone ignores you, you wouldn't even know unless you've shown interest in them.  If that is the case then they should at least be polite enough to turn you down.  That said if someone doesn't reply to you then you could probably take it as a rejection and they just didn't want to hurt your feelings, or start drama over it.  That person doesn't know what type of person you are, they could open themselves up to someone who might not be satisfied with an non interest, they might want more with reasons why.  Some people probably feel safer or better if they don't reply rather than have something bad happen over extended communication.

On another note, if this thread was made about another member to poke fun at them, troll them, or whatever then that stops right now.  I will not warn anyone again about it, I don't care if it isn't or what excuse there is.  It stops.  This isn't up for discussion or debate or retort, this is a warning to everyone.

No..it wasnt meant to troll. Its a great topic. Good idea for a poll. It piggybacks off my thread. So no worries.

In my other thread. I stated i have a problem with people feeling the need to be critical upon a reply to a message on a dating site and simply said I would prefer no reply as opposed to:
1. Sorry not my type.
2. No thanks ( really do hate that one)
3. Not interested
4. Don't think we are a good match thanks for writing ( the least abrasive and insulting of all)

In my other thread. I stated i have a problem with people feeling the need to be critical upon a reply to a message on a dating site and simply said I would prefer no reply as opposed to:
1. Sorry not my type.
3. Not interested 
4. Don't think we are a good match thanks for writing ( the least abrasive and insulting of all)

Critcal would be:
Why aren't you smiling?
You look creepy.
Scary
Etc..

Restless soul said:
Sci-Fi said:
Well seeing as you give NO other information here who would care if someone ignores you, you wouldn't even know unless you've shown interest in them.  If that is the case then they should at least be polite enough to turn you down.  That said if someone doesn't reply to you then you could probably take it as a rejection and they just didn't want to hurt your feelings, or start drama over it.  That person doesn't know what type of person you are, they could open themselves up to someone who might not be satisfied with an non interest, they might want more with reasons why.  Some people probably feel safer or better if they don't reply rather than have something bad happen over extended communication.

On another note, if this thread was made about another member to poke fun at them, troll them, or whatever then that stops right now.  I will not warn anyone again about it, I don't care if it isn't or what excuse there is.  It stops.  This isn't up for discussion or debate or retort, this is a warning to everyone.

No..it wasnt meant to troll. Its a great topic. Good idea for a poll. It piggybacks off my thread. So no worries.

1. Sorry not my type.
3. Not interested
4. Don't think we are a good match thanks for writing  ( the least abrasive and insulting of all)

1. Sorry not my type.
3. Not interested 

if someone decides to reply , it looks as if she thinks so highly of herself that she actually believes that you are occupied with whether or not she will respond. 
Guys send messages to dozens of girls, so for them any reply that is not leaning toward getting to know them is completely pointless.

I prefer a short, to-the-point reply. Act like I had no business asking you out in the first place, like I imagine the "popular" girls would have back in school if I ever asked. No reply, on the other hand, just leaves me hanging and adds insult to injury. It feels like they're too good to lower themselves to reply to me.

I've never actually used a dating site but this is what I'd prefer in this situation.

Sci-Fi said:

why dont you unburden yourself from the grumpiness today and embrace Le Love?

For me, I prefer that the girl/woman respond to my message and state that she's not interested in me because she has looked at the information in my profile, and feel that us two are not good matches. Or something of that nature.

I hate it when I log into my OLD account, look at list of emails in the sent message folder, and see that many of the girls have read my messages. However, if I don't get a response from the girl within 3-5 days, I assume that the girl was not interested in me.

Anyhow, screw it, the hell with OLD. I just CANCELLED my Match.com membership today.

My membership was supposed to expire in early April. But since I have been on a good number of face-to-face meet up or dates, and those never led to a girlfriend relationship, I am really disappointed. I have wasted my money spent on coffee, lunch or dinners with these girls. I've also spent a lot of gas and time, because my current dinky town is about an hour drive outside of Portland. Heck, for two dates, I drove three hours to Washington State to meet up with them. I don't care if I don't any refund for the remainder of my membership. OLD has led me to become more depressed, to a point where I currently have to see a counselor for treatment.

What a crappy Valentine's Day for me. Just sitting at home, eating lunch alone, and feeling somewhat depressed.

TheSkaFish said:
I prefer a short, to-the-point reply.  Act like I had no business asking you out in the first place, like I imagine the "popular" girls would have back in school if I ever asked.  No reply, on the other hand, just leaves me hanging and adds insult to injury.  It feels like they're too good to lower themselves to reply to me.

I've never actually used a dating site but this is what I'd prefer in this situation.

We are long out of high school hhere. I hope

Restless soul said:
TheSkaFish said:
I prefer a short, to-the-point reply.  Act like I had no business asking you out in the first place, like I imagine the "popular" girls would have back in school if I ever asked.  No reply, on the other hand, just leaves me hanging and adds insult to injury.  It feels like they're too good to lower themselves to reply to me.

We are long out of high school hhere. I hope

That might be so, but for a lot of people, that mindset lasts a lot longer afterwards. Some people never outgrow it.

Wow! Dead even on the polls. I think we need some more people to participate. By the way, thank you Amy for creating the poll

I stupidly paid for a Match.com membership but there I get nothing of interest. Having much better luck on the free POF and OKCupid.

Missingthesun said:
I stupidly paid for a Match.com membership but there I get nothing of interest.  Having much better luck on the free POF and OKCupid.

Yes. That is the one i curently use on and off

I selected the "rejection is rejection" option, though I would prefer a politely worded rejection over total silence. It shows honesty and character. However, I'd prefer getting ignored over a response that attacked my personality, appearance, etc.

Perfect. Glad I found my thread. Ok. Here is an update to the reason why I started a thread like this to begin with. I iust sent a message to a woman, which I think was a rather benign question and I asked " do you like white men?" As to which she replies
" not you" are you serious?? Do you have to be that big of a major *****. This is what I mean. Wouldn't anyone here rather no response to something like that???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back