Blushing

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Losertron

Reaction score
For as long as I can remember I've suffered from blushing. It can be triggered by the smallest thing I. E making eye contact with a girl, talking to more than 1 person.

It can be quite embarrasing to be honest and it makes me shy away from some social situations.

But i was just wondering if any of you have been on the otherside of the conversation/interaction, what are your thoughts on the said blusher, do you feel uneasy talking to that person or do you feel some form of empathy for them? 

As always thanks for your time

I'm usually the one making people blush. I wouldn't say I feel uneasy, but I don't think I would say I feel empathy for them either. I will, however, tone it down a bit if I notice the person is struggling.

Now, on the other side of that, I'm pale as fresia, so when I laugh, I often look like I'm blushing. It annoys the hell out of me because people think I'm honestly blushing and I'm not. Nothing offends me, nothing embarrasses me. Things are what they are, though.

TheRealCallie said:
I'm usually the one making people blush.  I wouldn't say I feel uneasy, but I don't think I would say I feel empathy for them either.  I will, however, tone it down a bit if I notice the person is struggling.  

Haha, I wish there was more people in the world like you Callie

I realy haven't got much experience with blushing of talking to blushes, but there is a very simple solution and Callie already hinted to this a bit in her answer, if it bothers you allot because you feel self conscious you could try getting a tan, darker skin makes it harder to see the colour change.

I used to blush at everything. So now if someone blushes I pretend not to notice. Although actually I think it is kind of cute.

MisterLonely said:
I realy haven't got much experience with blushing of talking to blushes, but there is a very simple solution and Callie already hinted to this a bit in her answer, if it bothers you allot because you feel self conscious you could try getting a tan, darker skin makes it harder to see the colour change.

I DON'T TAN :club:

MisterLonely said:
^^ What doesn't work for you could still be a good solution for others :p

Spray tan, here I come!

d629bf63ef5e52baaa40c65aabd04b6f.jpg

Blushed? No, my face turns into a tomato for like the next two hours.

Stress and anxiety, hurray!

It's not "normal", but it's just the way my body is. Whatever. *shrug*

I blush ALL the time.  Especially when more than one person is listening to me talk.  I'm not even an embarrassed or overly shy person I just have some physiological response to unsolicited attention or a person drilling down on what I'm saying.  Once it starts happening, and I see the other person reacting to it happening, it happens more.  I am a grown woman and this is a particularly stupid affliction but one that prevented me from pursuing my dreams of being an on-air personality.  Haha.  The upside is hopefully a good complexion as I age with all that extra blood flow.  Does anyone have any tips? Deep breaths is all I can do to shorten the length of the blush.

Not blushing - but I (very close to) always laugh twice. Once when something is fun, and again, a few seconds after when I happen to think of it again. It has earned me LOTS of weird looks, bur let them look, I'm having fun ^_^

My best tip is, that everyone bothers the most with themselves, so nobody would remember too much whether or not you blush at something after a day or two have passed. Also, some things grow away with time, some with exposure. Good luck :p

littlefish1555 said:
I blush ALL the time.  Especially when more than one person is listening to me talk.  I'm not even an embarrassed or overly shy person I just have some physiological response to unsolicited attention or a person drilling down on what I'm saying.  Once it starts happening, and I see the other person reacting to it happening, it happens more.  I am a grown woman and this is a particularly stupid affliction but one that prevented me from pursuing my dreams of being an on-air personality.  Haha.  The upside is hopefully a good complexion as I age with all that extra blood flow.  Does anyone have any tips? Deep breaths is all I can do to shorten the length of the blush.

Try to be phlegmatic, try to adopt an attitude of indifference or even aggression towards people. This should kill the reflex.

I used to have a problem with blushing late in high school. It would even come on for stupid reasons. I could not beat it, no matter how hard I tried to not blush. Only until I gave up trying and just accepted that it will happen it and let it be, is when the problem went away. Like for example if someone would notice and mention it, I'd be like yeah, so what? Maybe completing and getting out of high school was the cure too.

Latest posts

Back