Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Blushing
I blush ALL the time.  Especially when more than one person is listening to me talk.  I'm not even an embarrassed or overly shy person I just have some physiological response to unsolicited attention or a person drilling down on what I'm saying.  Once it starts happening, and I see the other person reacting to it happening, it happens more.  I am a grown woman and this is a particularly stupid affliction but one that prevented me from pursuing my dreams of being an on-air personality.  Haha.  The upside is hopefully a good complexion as I age with all that extra blood flow.  Does anyone have any tips? Deep breaths is all I can do to shorten the length of the blush.
Not blushing - but I (very close to) always laugh twice. Once when something is fun, and again, a few seconds after when I happen to think of it again. It has earned me LOTS of weird looks, bur let them look, I'm having fun ^_^

My best tip is, that everyone bothers the most with themselves, so nobody would remember too much whether or not you blush at something after a day or two have passed. Also, some things grow away with time, some with exposure. Good luck Toungue
Are you sure we're on the right way, Yoda?
Off course, we are.

The snow angel was imperfect but so is everyone. It was there, and that is what matters. Maybe someone would see it, and smile.
(02-25-2017, 01:19 PM)littlefish1555 Wrote: I blush ALL the time.  Especially when more than one person is listening to me talk.  I'm not even an embarrassed or overly shy person I just have some physiological response to unsolicited attention or a person drilling down on what I'm saying.  Once it starts happening, and I see the other person reacting to it happening, it happens more.  I am a grown woman and this is a particularly stupid affliction but one that prevented me from pursuing my dreams of being an on-air personality.  Haha.  The upside is hopefully a good complexion as I age with all that extra blood flow.  Does anyone have any tips? Deep breaths is all I can do to shorten the length of the blush.

Try to be phlegmatic, try to adopt an attitude of indifference or even aggression towards people. This should kill the reflex.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Blushing and heart beating handheart 2 580 06-22-2016, 10:08 AM
Last Post: LonesomeDay