Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does anyone else think your loneliness wastes and/or has wasted your life?
(02-28-2017, 12:01 PM)constant stranger Wrote: And there's an expiration date on blame and excuses just like there is on how long we get to live.

This +1
(02-28-2017, 05:33 AM)Restless soul Wrote:
(02-28-2017, 04:53 AM)AnonymousMe Wrote:
(02-28-2017, 01:02 AM)Restless soul Wrote: Hey I am sorry if you feel that I intruded upon your thread here. But what fight and attitude are you referring to?
Wasn't fighting.

Well, I guess "arguing" would have been more appropriate.  You did say that women haven't called the cops on you, which is an obvious indication about your thread in which you ask if complimenting a woman's legs is a good approach, which, by the way, IT'S NOT, those types of comments makes women think that all you are after is their body.  If you want to make first impressions and get women interested in you, I suggest you search tips on how to flirt, it doesn't matter how you look, I've read that that always works.
By the way, I read your thread and this will sound strange to you, but the rest of the ladies were actually trying to protect you, many women are a bit loony nowadays due to the overly abundant, political correctness.  If you're unlucky enough to meet someone that's a feminist, or more appropriately, a "feminazi," she'll do more to you than just calling the cops on you.  My advice is this: after you're properly groomed and approach someone with lovely legs, talk to her, just like building up a normal friendship, make her feel comfortable while being funny and don't be afraid to break the touch barrier.  Before you know it, those legs will be yours!  =)  You might stumble and face a few rejections, but women don't like quitters!
It'll be up to you if you want to take my advice seriously though, as my contact with women has been abysmal, purely by choice; I lack almost every quality that requires me to be a long-term boyfriend.
No, no. You misunderstood. I was being facetious. Wasn't serious. No one called the cops. 

Thanks for the advice. I appreciate the advice here and assume most are out for my best interest.  As far as the forward comments to women I rarely do it. Have done it. It's always a risk. I usually have good judgement with who I say anything with usually get an idea how they might react. Calling the cops for a comment? Hmmm. I am too concerned they will freak.  But...it's something to keep in mind I guess😀

It’s not uncommon now for women so inclined to take a photo of the man they believe to be engaged in harassment, then post it on facebook with a hate-filled dissertation length rant. (Most of the time the guy is obviously homeless, has mental issues, is drunk or high.)
I've felt that way on and off, but I think it's in part relative. Depression stole a lot from me (zoned out during my grandfather's funeral, my own graduation, missed most of my niece and nephew's lives), but solitude itself can go either way.

If someone isn't out traveling and having sex, they may be inside learning a musical instrument, writing a story, or just listening to the stories of other people. I used to worry a lot about how I was doing so many things without company, and sometimes still do, but the truth is that even when there were years-long periods where I had no offline friends, looking back now I still made some personal strides and had fun with people online, and enjoyed seeing my family. I don't remember it nearly as negatively as I felt it.
A Freudian slip is when you say one thing but mean your mother.
Honestly dude, I'm on a very similar parallel that you're on. I'm 27 years old, and I spend the majority of my time either working, or upstairs in my room. Yeah, I'll hangout with my few close friends every so often, but I mostly keep to myself. I know I'm not interesting enough of a person for most people to give a damn about me, so I don't bother trying to impress them. The highlight of my life is my once a year trip to Anthrocon where I have the time of my life, but other than that, my life is boring.
I think you have had things a bit harder than me but I still know EXACTLY how you feel. I guess that probably doesn't help much but I feel like my shyness has robbed me of so much potential happiness.
I enjoyed my friendships with people as I was child and I was very social. As I was growing up, I was constantly questioning things and wondering what could happen and what possibilities were in store for me. Spent a lot of time inside of my head and not seeing what was in front of me. I've learned a lot through the hardships I've had that happened in my life. You'll learn a lot as you go through life and meet different kinds of people as you get older. 

Thinking back I realized I had many different kinds of friends and went through different phases. I love the people that I've met and I learned a thing or two from the people who I have met. I'm thankful for the people I met. There's many things that I've done and went to different places. Eventually I put my guard down and tried to see what was out there, rather than constantly questioning things and worrying over things I had absolutely no control over. There's still plenty that I still have to do and places I'd love to go visit. Money is the problem though. So I wrote down things down that I'd like to do, places I'd love to visit and journaled a lot. Now I'm saving up money.

I still feel lonely at times and I no longer beat myself about it anymore. I'm only human and I know everyone feels lonely from time to time. We're only human and everyone thinks and feels differently. There's still plenty of time for you to do the things you want to do. Try writing down things that you think will help you out or go out spontaneously and see what's out there. Sometimes people are afraid to step out of their comfort zone because they fear of what "could happen" or overthink it too much. The worst that could happen is a certain people won't get along with you or get rejected in some way. Even though those things might happen, atleast you tried and than you can grow and learn. You'll get there eventually. Just have faith in yourself and see what's out there. If you don't, you'll be constantly be wondering what could have happened.
I think my social anxiety wasted my life and it was that which made me lonely. I went for CBT and although it wasn't a miracle cure and I still have social anxiety I set my set myself small targets to achieve like joining meet up which has got me out of my shell a bit because I had to go out of my comfort zone to meet people. I've got a long way to go but at least i'm no longer thinking people hate me and don't want to know me.
Yeah pretty much. I look back at my early 20's now I can't really say that I accomplished much of anything. Just years and years of secluding myself away in my room, playing video games and watching anime and shit. I can only consul myself now by saying that I can't go back in time and change all of that, I can only look foward and try to make my life better in the future.
Other than DH and my kids, there really isnt anyone who would care if i was dead. At some point either DH or I will be completely alone
. The kids are growing up and moving on to their lives.
(04-13-2017, 10:03 PM)ColdLight Wrote: Yeah pretty much. I look back at my early 20's now I can't really say that I accomplished much of anything. Just years and years of secluding myself away in my room, playing video games and watching anime and shit. I can only consul myself now by saying that I can't go back in time and change all of that, I can only look foward and try to make my life better in the future.

I wish I could give you a hug.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Have you tried anything besides posting here to combat your loneliness? Raph 4 125 Yesterday, 10:01 AM
Last Post: evanescencefan912
  Great informative video about loneliness Carl Nicola 1 204 02-20-2019, 10:19 PM
Last Post: IncolaVacui
  Loneliness, how and why? Phantimos 2 198 02-19-2019, 09:04 PM
Last Post: TheRealCallie
Question Loneliness level quiz Bebeskii 263 37,494 02-18-2019, 11:28 AM
Last Post: sriguhan
  Fantasizing as a coping mechanism for loneliness hewhowalksalone 26 1,119 02-18-2019, 02:25 AM
Last Post: DanL53
  Why is loneliness so hard for people to grasp? Black Manta 2 310 02-07-2019, 09:00 PM
Last Post: TheRealCallie
  Hoping to Help Others Struggling with Loneliness (suggestions) nataliavr2003 0 224 01-31-2019, 04:35 AM
Last Post: nataliavr2003
  My pathetic life so far Funny 6 1,548 01-11-2019, 02:06 PM
Last Post: bearcat22
  Celebrity worship related to loneliness hewhowalksalone 6 835 12-26-2018, 06:25 AM
Last Post: Unix
  Loneliness lh97 3 709 11-29-2018, 08:04 AM
Last Post: nibbysaurus