Can loneliness be good?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Good Loner

Reaction score
Lonely people don't compromise on the type of people they associate with. 
Lonely people have deeper thoughts and don't just go with the herd.
However, society makes lonely people feel bad about themselves (in addition to mainstream media propaganda), and portray the "non-lonely" lot as superbly happy.

I don't think that's the case.

Please share your thoughts.

In small doses yes. But when you go for long periods with a disconnect from others, especially when you are trying to connect and invest time and effort to connect with people women or whatever. That is when it starts to affect you in a negative

That's my oversimplification. I am sure I can do better. Kinda tired

Yukongirl said:
There's a huge difference between being alone and being lonely. Not sure you're distinguishing between the two here.....

Yah...thanks we know that..now it's up to you to elaborate.  And enlighten us

But you don't have to explain. Most here know the latter all too well

Similar to a lot of my tthreads which I ask questions sometimes i know the answers to. But want to hear ddifferent views. Much like this clip I am posting. Please watch. 
0uf7HzJzTn4
[video=youtube]

[video=youtube]/https://youtu.be/0uf7HzJzTn4[/video]

Watch the clip here

I'd rather be alone by myself than alone next to someone else. The latter option is hell. All the promise of togetherness with none of the delivery.

Callie are you online?

Why am I supprised that the barista called me by my first name ?
Even when she never has before? Why should I be supprised? I am there everyday. Others know my name. So she hasn't addressed me before today by my name. Is that a big deal??

no, it's not a big deal, they're paid to be nice to people.
But I think you're in the wrong thread. This one isn't one of yours.

nibbysaurus said:

I said are you supprised they remembered my name?

Ad don't boot me out of this thread just yet. I hhave contributed...

Do you know what a fit callie would have if I created a whole new thread for that??

Restless soul said:
nibbysaurus said:

It's not YOUR thread.  It's completely irrelevant to the topic.  Go post it in your **** Starbucks thread.  You complain when other people hijack your threads, yet here you are doing it to others.  Have a little courtesy to other people and NOT whatever thread you want about you.

" barista is starbucks who called me by my name, who never did before, is this shocking she knows my name ?

I mean I can make a new thread if you want

And don't complain. I welcome all to.my threads to chat about anything

Restless soul said:
Callie are you online?

Why am I supprised that the barista called me by my first name ?
Even when she never has before? Why should I be supprised? I am there everyday. Others know my name. So she hasn't addressed me before today by my name. Is that a big deal??

Restless soul said:
nibbysaurus said:

Do you know what a fit callie would have if I created a whole new thread for that??

You also said is that a big deal. I responded to that. It's right there. You're welcome.

Oh and by the way my starbucks thread from way back when was locked. Why I don't even know

bleed_the_freak said:
I'd rather be alone by myself than alone next to someone else. The latter option is hell. All the promise of togetherness with none of the delivery.

I agree 100%

niceguysfinishlast said:
bleed_the_freak said:

I agree 100%

Me too

Latest posts

Back