Empty inside

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nori

Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm trying to overcome this lonely feeling I have and a broken heart.
I'm not sure what to do, it hurts really bad.

I've recently lost my 3 best friends, basically the only friends I had for most of my life. For the past 3 months it's been getting better as I've been close to this girl I met, and we spent a lot of time together, she confessed that she loved me and we started getting closer.
This past week she suddenly distanced herself from me and today we no longer see each other or talk, it was really drastic and idk why.
I honestly feel like I'm cursed, I don't get why it happens and people suddenly leave, I feel like there's a hole inside me and I'm in despair.
I really don't know what my next step is, she was my whole world and now it's all hitting me again, her and the feelings from before that 3 months.

It's very hard for me to opening up, but I felt safe with her, and she told me the same thing, so I really don't understand what happened all of a sudden but it's all over now.
I was actually searching for ways to help myself and saw this forum in the search, please help me I need it!
This feeling is destroying me inside, I can't sleep much or eat, I feel extremely bad.

Your next step is to move on. Have a life, go out and have fun, meet new people. It beats sitting in your home feeling depressed, doesn't it?

Stay busy, make yourself eat so you don't make yourself sick. Live your life, it's not over, I promise you that.

**** that does suck Nori, When I was younger my best friend and other friends also left me for no apparent reason when I originally joined the forum. It was hard and I spent a lot of time eating ice cream and watching Will and Grace, But I also then had more time to focus on my grades so I was able pick them up after they dropped. I started going to the gym and played racketball by myself for fun and started ridding my bike when the weather got nice. I also listened to a lot of music and discovered a lot of new music and that really helped me out.

If you can afford it it might be good to see a therapist if you can. Try not to isolate yourself to much, even if it's hard try to just go out and walk around and go exploring.

I'd also recommend that you check out meetup.com I've had a lot of fun times going to different meetups

*hugs* :)

I hate it when people leave, even though I understand that everyone has their own trails they want to blaze in life that may not include me. Your situation sounds similar to an incident I went through last year. Take some time to grieve, then get a job or go to school or somewhere where you can start fresh with a new set of people.

Thanks for sharing. Feel free to PM me if you want to talk more.

Thanks guys, it all seems so lost to me right now.
Oh I did try meetup.com but I live in the Caribbeans and theirs nothing, also not many people in my area except some very old people =(
I'll try listening to music, got any recommendations?

well I don't what your tastes are, but my favorite bands are Evanescence (of course) Senses Fail, The Birthday Massacre, Bring Me The Horizon, Aiden, AFI and My Chemical Romance. My best bet for you I think would be to start and Pandora account and create some stations based on your own favorite bands or genres. Also check out the Vitamin String Quartet they do quality covers of tons of different artists. :)

Thanks! I'll give them a go.
Blah its really wrecking me inside, for the past 3 months we spent every waking minute together, and I feel like there was no closure since nothing bad happened, she just left, I keep hearing her voice in my head  :(

Nori said:
Thanks! I'll give them a go.
Blah its really wrecking me inside, for the past 3 months we spent every waking minute together, and I feel like there was no closure since nothing bad happened, she just left, I keep hearing her voice in my head  :(

Sorry to hear about this. I've been in similar situations, it does suck. Over the next few months, as you (hopefully) meet new faces, it will get easier. You will probably still feel a tinge of pain when you look back after a long time, but the constant heartache will go away eventually.

Yea hye, I really hope so.
It's so hard for me to meet new people of where I am but I will try.
Feeling attached sucks, this time I took a chance and opened up but this happened, it's part of life I guess, it's just so hard!
It took a lot to get through to me, and then I opened up and it was great for a while, Idk if I want to do that again ._.

Hey! I lost a best friend because he basically had no time for me anymore (too busy being a "regular" teenager). Suddenly we didn't talk, and I was so disappointed and hurt. It has been a while now, and I still miss the connection we had, but I no longer miss him. Actually, I feel relieved in some ways. It is difficult to meet new people where I live too, but I have made some new friends, so there is hope!

You cant and shouldn't rely on female validation to make you happy. Yeah, I suppose having a girlfriend would be nice, but you dont need one to be happy. Happiness has to come from within yourself. Focus on your hobbies and things that make you happy.

As far as the thread title goes, I ve been dead inside for a couple of years now. Lol I guess its good, cause I dont ever show weakness to people in person which is what people expect you to do if you're a male despite the bullshit the media tells you, but bad at the same time, cause I dont ever feel like Im truly alive anymore. Like it honestly wouldnt matter to me at this point if some thug put a gun to my head and pulled the trigger. Whatever, I know where Im going when I die, I aint worried one bit. Lol

Nori, people leave in life, and why is a great mystery to me. A simple explanation would often help a lot, but is most often not given. I'd say to keep brain busy, or to kepp yourself ticking anyway, artificially, until you can live happily again. Eat, not because you like the food or want to eat, but to keep a bit of the time passing. Go outside, maybe simply for a walk, to tell yourself you're not miserable at home anymore. If you keep at it long enough, you'll find something good, or some kind of happiness. It's the road there that truly sucks. Take care, and best of luck! ^_^ (I think I already mentioned the chat room in my welcome message.)

Latest posts

Back