YouTube

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Perseverance pays of. I have been trying to figure out how to insert this so we can do this on this site for nearly 2 hours and with the help of google and me being absolutely freaking amazing I figged it out :D God **** am good! :D lol

Quote my post with the vid in to see how to post a vid for those of you that have never done it be for :) Other ppl well know so am sure some one well help to explain if anyone has a problem :)

Wait a minute..... did you do this by loads of old html code stuff??
What I find weird is that I've never had a problem with getting a youtube clip to work in a PM. In a private message I can just copy and paste the Embed code of the clip and it works fine. It's only if I want to post one in a thread that it doesn't work. Why is that?

Just look......

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

It doesn't work, but it works in PM. It's a conspiracy! lol :D

I did not know that it worked in a PM fro HTML. That's cos PMs are set to work with HTML as well as bbcoding I Guss.

Now you can post a vid on here using bbcoding (My code) as well.

So if you wont that vid up then you do it like so.
[youtube]Gabn7eiqoz4[/youtube]

I do think this well be a good asset to the site.

I can't get it working lol editing cos of testing.
ok talk me through it could ya bluey?

do I first put in [ youtube ] then the link? or embed? and finish with [ /youtube ] ? or am i doing it all wrong lol

This is an url to a youtube vid. You take the last bit witch is tGvsXY-WOqU that bit of the URL and in front of it you put [youtube*] and at the end you put [/*youtube]

Like so [youtube*]tGvsXY-WOqU*[/youtube**] But you take this out***and you should have. Remember to take all the stars out. There only there to stop the bb code from becoming active so I can explain to you.

This
[youtube]tGvsXY-WOqU[/youtube]

Oceanmist23 said:
I can't get it working lol editing cos of testing.
ok talk me through it could ya bluey?

do I first put in [ youtube ] then the link? or embed? and finish with [ /youtube ] ? or am i doing it all wrong lol

Yes, that's how you do it but you only take the url that's after the =

You egner the first bit of the url address in front of the = sign.

Ye like Hijacc has done ;) He well be good to explain as I know he uses this all the time in another cool place.

Also Hijacc you can use in your profile if you look in mine :) And am glad you like.

[youtube]Gabn7eiqoz4[/youtube]

YES!! I GOT IT I GOT IT!!! lol thanks guys mmmmmmuah!! Now I have a fly infestation to deal with in my flat....

The coolest man to ever live.

[youtube]H8DzjUR_xQw[/youtube]

OMG!
[youtube]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[youtube]

****ok so i tryed the youtube posting thing and it no work for me? what i do wrong??

You only need the last bit of the url, the bit that comes after =

So all you do is type [ youtube] sAmhDDD3Hzk [ /youtube]

without spaces, I just did that so you can see the coding :)

And that's it!

Press the youtube button, copy and paste the last bit of the url after = ,
and press the youtube button again.

Ye so if we take this vid here.

The url (link) to this vid is

Now if we take that url http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H8DzjUR_xQw and only put the bit that I have balded in between this tags here------------>
[ youtube ] [/ youtube ] you should have the vid

Oceanmist23, explained it very well and ye dont put the spacers where the youtube tag is as that as only been put like that to stop the code from becoming active.

Or you can just use the youtube tags function in where you go to make a new reply. just remember to only put the last bit of the url in after the = sign.

This is the best I can explain so I hope it was moor helpful then my last one.

Yin said:
The coolest man to ever live.

[youtube]H8DzjUR_xQw[/youtube]

And ye agreed he is like one of the coolest guys that ever lived. You just gotta love Bruce Lee.

Latest posts

Back