Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mom is killing my self esteem
Have fun, let us know how it went!
I'm fairly certain my mother is possessed by Satan and has been since before my birth onto this planet. If there's any way she can cause me doubt, pain, loss, or embarrassment, that's a win for her.

She may need an exorcism. I just stay away.
It is so funny, I was always the good kid in the family and never experienced the not so nice, judgmental person I'm seeing now. I know now what my sister and nephew have been through all their lives.

Having a nice time but the evenings are looonnneeelllyyyy. My friend works till 11 pm and I haven't made other friends here this time, except for a really fun lady who I'll work with at her soup kitchen on Sunday. Headed to salsa lessons tonight to see if I can meet anyone.

Bleed_the_freak and anyone else with horrible abusive parents....I'm sending you all a hug. Some people should just be allowed to raise kids
Good to hear you're having fun hon!

And also good to hear you've been able to "brush" off the critique, and ae enjoying your time there!
What a rollercoaster. First the angst of whether to go at all, and then the guy I visited gives me the hot and cold. One day we are having great conversation and a real connection, and the next day he completely disengages and spends hours looking at soccer videos on his phone, leaving me bored to tears. Sometimes I really don't understand men at all.
(03-14-2017, 11:28 PM)Missingthesun Wrote: What a rollercoaster.  First the angst of whether to go at all, and then the guy I visited gives me the hot and cold.  One day we are having great conversation and a real connection, and the next day he completely disengages and spends hours looking at soccer videos on his phone, leaving me bored to tears.  Sometimes I really don't understand men at all.

Hard to tell what's going through his head, you were thinking it was a greencard thing yourself, and you knew that wasn't going to happen just like that. I do hope you've had a geat time overall, that is what counts most!
(03-14-2017, 11:28 PM)Missingthesun Wrote: What a rollercoaster.  First the angst of whether to go at all, and then the guy I visited gives me the hot and cold.  One day we are having great conversation and a real connection, and the next day he completely disengages and spends hours looking at soccer videos on his phone, leaving me bored to tears.  Sometimes I really don't understand men at all.

Sorry to hear this. I've got the same issue with women a lot of the time. Hope we both get a happy resolution with this.
Missingthesun - I am glad for the good times, and about the boring times, if you have your doubts about the long term quality of the happiness, don't go into a relationship X)
Are you sure we're on the right way, Yoda?
Off course, we are.

The snow angel was imperfect but so is everyone. It was there, and that is what matters. Maybe someone would see it, and smile.
Ugh. Women.
Believe it's a good thing that you went. Either way it was a life experience and you can look back on it one day and laugh about the entire situation. Just be happy that you went, made your own decision about something and not allow you're mother to upset you. If nothing ends up working out in the end, at least you went, traveled and in the end you can learn something more about yourself. =)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Building confidence,higher self esteem and overcoming shyness? owmygod 19 3,505 02-26-2017, 07:27 AM
Last Post: owmygod
  10 winning quotes for those with low self-esteem NewOrder2016 5 1,869 12-18-2016, 06:57 AM
Last Post: Lacrecia
  Regular A.L.L. Anti-Loneliness/ Low-Self Esteem Drop-in Sessions...? Would love... MyTherapyisALL 5 1,269 12-11-2016, 01:51 PM
Last Post: lilE
  Survey on self-esteem related issues Oniönhead 6 1,416 11-18-2016, 06:14 AM
Last Post: sothatwasmylife
  Interesting read on self esteem LonelyInAtl 12 5,277 10-24-2016, 08:59 AM
Last Post: Saddo
  Things that boost your self-esteem? TheSolitaryMan 35 7,672 08-10-2016, 11:35 PM
Last Post: Irreverent Gent
  Self Esteem has gone M.I.A. LordofLosers 27 6,158 10-14-2015, 10:02 PM
Last Post: kathyjoyce
  Inflated self-esteem LiLeila 26 5,034 09-25-2015, 06:35 PM
Last Post: kunapuy
  Me vs. myself, fixing my self esteem issues, can anyone help? Alamet 2 1,385 07-21-2015, 08:01 AM
Last Post: Alamet
  rejected for 30 years has bred extreme low self esteem LordofLosers 54 11,668 04-14-2015, 07:23 AM
Last Post: TheSkaFish