Another one?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

willis

Reaction score
Am I lonely?
Sometimes.
Am I alone?
Yes.
I was always on the move, the next place was going to be “The Place”.
Fortunately, this this turned out to be quite lucrative as I found companies that would pay me handsomely to travel the world and solve their problems.
For forty years I applied myself to my work, never really developing deep relationships.
Got married to someone that enjoyed the bottomless money jar and had a couple of kids, female, that have turned out just like their mother, their husbands are in for a shock later.
Now I’ve retired and most of the people I knew are dead. I live in the farmhouse that you see on Christmas cards with the log fire, green shutters and the real well in the walled garden.
I want for nothing, have enough money coming in to live reasonably well.
So…. What’s the problem?
I haven’t spoken face to face with anyone since New Year.
Everyone seems to be living beyond their means and expect the great “God” or government to look after them.
When my kids pay a visit they always need to “borrow” a couple of hundred, (I’ll pay you back soon) but they all have the latest ipads and phones.
So, here I am, all alone. I enjoy cooking, bake my own bread, cakes and pies. Cook myself good healthy meals and usually freeze some for later
I sit in my idyllic garden and enjoy my coffee and homemade croissants and watch the wildlife passing by, I have deer, pheasant and wild duck that have kind of made their home here.
But I have no one to share this with.
I tell myself that I’m better off than some and not as well of as others.
Occasionally I would like to have someone who would appreciate this as I do.

Hey Willis, welcome to ALL :)

You don't go out and do things..meet new people? It sounds like you have a lot to offer (not talking about the money :p ), so I'm sure there would be someone out there who would love to enjoy a "simple" life.

I'm in a comparable situation as you Willis but I came by a different route. Our journeys aren't over yet and there are a few more chapters to be written in our stories. Try to not dwell on the past too much, you've found "The Place" so now the problem to solve is to identify your next occupation besides being a cook and baker for yourself alone.

Welcome ^_^
To me, it sounds like you at some points chose things the way most people do. They might have been good in one way back then, but they come back to bite later on. Loneliness comes in many forms. I hope you'll be okay around here!

...I use to ask myself what I want to regret on my death bed. My answer is "To not have done enough, learnt enough, caught the opportunities and adventures I could have". At least you've seen some places, always something :p

Latest posts

Back