Any1 else over 30 and likes stupid shows

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roy1986

Reaction score
like family guy and south park? I keep telling myself that I might need to grow up and stop watching these, but hell that's no fun  ;)

Grow up and stop watching shows for adults? What world are we living in

I think that especially when you are "all grown up" shows like these become more important, you might be very busy at times and stressed from work, the kids and/or who knows what other responsibilities. Short lived comic relieve helps me unwind and I like both south park and family guy, but it doesn't bother me should I miss an episode because of being busy.

HOWEVER: you probably should start writing "anyone" instead of "any1" ;)

Or Borat.... that honeysuckle is stupid.... but cracks me up!!!! LMAOOOO (sorry, I know it's a movie, and not a show.. but it had to be said :)

36 here, 2 words for you: Cool Hwhip

Don´t grow up, it is over rated if you ask me.

Yeah, I like to relax. Not everything has to be serious. I still watch Futurama, Archer, Mystery Science Theater 3000.

South Park and Family Guy *are* meant for the older crowd - sure not shows I would allow my 8-year old to watch! They're both full of references and humour only adults/teenagers would get. Besides, who cares? You like what you like...Pffffttttt! Here's to never growing up from an avid 45-year old gamer! 😜

ringwood said:
South Park and Family Guy *are* meant for the older crowd - sure not shows I would allow my 8-year old to watch! They're both full of references and humour only adults/teenagers would get.  Besides, who cares? You like what you like...Pffffttttt! Here's to never growing up from an avid 45-year old gamer! 😜

When I was 10, I was watching Beavis and Butthead )) As suitable for kids as South Park.
Now I'm 29, and watch Nickelodeon cartoons sometimes.
Life is strange.

But I think there's more good in "never growing up" in sense of remaining open to world and maintaining whatever interests you have, as an adult. Too many peopel think that being an adult means just to get mortgage, have 9 to 5 job and once a year go to the shore for a week.

ringwood said:
South Park and Family Guy *are* meant for the older crowd - sure not shows I would allow my 8-year old to watch! They're both full of references and humour only adults/teenagers would get.  Besides, who cares? You like what you like...Pffffttttt! Here's to never growing up from an avid 45-year old gamer! 😜

I remember being banned from watching Ren and Stimpy as a kid when that was a thing.

I'm NEVER growing up. I still watch cartoons and find them better than a lot of shows. I have a ton of favorites, including some probably a lot of people don't know, like Asterix and Goldorak. I also watch South Park, although not regularly and it's as funny as it was. It's also not made for kids LOL. That's another thing too, lots of people assume those are kids shows....they really aren't.
Of course, I still follow our own natural baffoons around, even though they're mostly retired now, a humorist group called Rock et Belles Oreilles (RBO for short). They're pushing 50 and still making poop jokes, I want to turn into them when I grow up :D

I say watch what makes you happy and puts a smile on you're face. Still continue to watch those shows anytime I need a good laugh because most of the other shows out there are too depressing for me to watch or involve way too much drama which ends up making me think about things and I usually think a lot. Need shows that's going to distract my mind and put a smile on my face rather than depress me.

I don't honestly watch too many shows anymore these days. So many people keep trying to get me into different shows. I'll watch the trailer and it just doesn't interest me or it's over dramatic. Everyone should watch what makes them happy. I don't judge others by what they watch. If it makes you happy, good! If it doesn't, watch something different. Lately these days I've been watching documentaries on Netflix and I just caught up with F is For Family on Netflix since Season Two just came out not to long ago.

Tealeaf said:
ringwood said:

I remember being banned from watching Ren and Stimpy as a kid when that was a thing.

Haha, I thought I was the only kid who had this problem.
I never even really liked Ren and Stimpy that much, but I did remember liking its humor (and it being Nick). In fact, I remember one story of me begging to my mom, "Can I watch this episode? It's about brushing your teeth!"

And then gradually.... maybe because I got older (?), or because she stopped checking, I could later watch it as much as I wanted then on. But I was so meek and timid, I honestly felt like I was on the run from the law by doing so, haha.

As for the topic itself, I don't get it, really. Those example shows are literally aimed at adults though. Define stupid.
Like, which is actually more juvenile? South Park or, say, Dora the Explorer? Aimed at adults vs babies.
Has a message, but has very immature jokes, etc, vs actual vanilla teaching disguised as fun.

I'm sure lots of people would disagree on whatever they chose for a multitude of reasons.

Beavis and Butthead is the only good show out of those mentioned. And yes I agree that a lot of cartoons are made for grown ups. It's obvious since grown ups like them so much.

I freaking love South Park...and Bob's Burgers...and King of the Hill....and once in awhile Family Guy

Latest posts

Back