Learning spree

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

M_also_lonely

Reaction score
I am about to complete my engineering, but most of the things I have learned are outdated, not practical, or not efficient. And the remaining things are just 0.0000000000000002%  (or less than that)of real mechanical engineering. I just learned some equations (1500-2000), some laws (like 15-20) and wrote around 15000 pages of assignments in 4 years, which was nothing but simply copying exactly from the local, erroneous text books. I don't even know how to operate a lathe machine. 

Basically, I failed in engineering. (not their definition of failure)

Now as other people are looking for a job or higher studies, I have the same pressure. But that's not something I really want to do. Some guy comes and tells my parents that he is going to Germany, they tell me, "When are you going to do so?" Then someone comes and tells them, "I am going to US for an MBA."  And they tell me, " When are you going to do so?"
Some people got a job. 

I really don't know what to do with my life, and for now, that's ok. But I want to learn things. For real, not the way it is taught in universities here. The Elon Musk's way.

I want to be on a learning spree.

But I don't know how to do it with this pressure and I don't know where to start from and don't know what to learn first and don't know how to learn it and don't know if it will ever help me and what if I don't start earning out of it and then I have to go for a job and they ask me "What were you doing for these many years?"  I can't just say, "Sitting and reading books." Nobody will even marry me if I don't have the conventional Indian life system: Engineering+MBA+100000 salary and I am above 30. Although marriage is last thing for me to worry about, but who wants to marry someone who is not successful and is unemployed, at the same time?

PS. Sorry to talk about marriage, the main focus of this post is the learning and career part.

Why can't you do both? Get a job in the field you studied and in your downtime, start learning more. You can look for open courseware classes that are often free to take (depending on the class, of course).

You will need to make some money to do anything in life, especially if you want to venture out in the world and move somewhere else, so either find a job there or find a job elsewhere.

But at long as you have time, go find yourself some interests and take some classes, read some books.

Latest posts

Back