Stumbled upon this place, figured I'd join

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sbm1990

Reaction score
Ive never really been good when it comes to these introductions, but here goes.

Hello, my name is Scott. Im 27 years old currently. I also play guitar and enjoy making music occassionally. Im also a huge fan of pro wrestling, especially WWF/E.

I joined this place, because honestly, while I do have a few people I would consider close friends, and did have a few close relationships in the past, none of em ever really worked out, but whatever.  I feel like I live a lonely and isolated life. I never really was able to develope deep relationships with people, friends, ex's or otherwise. I never really felt that connection or sense of belonging to be honest. Personally, I feel like if most people knew the real me, they would hate me or want nothing to do with me. I consider myself a bit on the introverted side, perhaps shy and reserved. I have depression and have had thoughts of suicide in the past, but im sure none of you want me to talk about that so I wont get any further into it. Also, I consider myself a bit of a misanthrope, dont get me wrong, its not that I hate people, its just that I dont trust most people. Ive been screwed over and backstabbed by people who said they were mt "friends" more times than I can count so I keep my guard and defenses up around strangers anymore. I dont think very highly I most people, generally, I think they're stupid, selfish, and only want to be around you if they can get something from you.

tl;dr I came here to chip in my two cents on select topics I find interesting. So yeah....

Hello and welcome to the forum!

I wouldn't call that a bad introduction, far from it actually! If you feel the need to talk about your depression and what happened to get you in the spot you are today you'll find this forum might be as good a place as any, some will read your story and comment others will ignore to comment and even others will not even read it. Do not post anything on here for us to read, if you post make sure you do it for yourself!

See you around!

Hey sbm1990 welcome to the forum, I can relate to be pretty introverted and depressed sometimes as well, I don't have many close relationships or close friends either. Have you tried therapy or anti depressants? If you can afford it the right combination can help. *hugs* :)

evanescencefan912 said:
Hey sbm1990 welcome to the forum, I can relate to be pretty introverted and depressed sometimes as well, I don't have many close relationships or close friends either. Have you tried therapy or anti depressants? If you can afford it the right combination can help.  *hugs*  :)

I was on anti depressants not too long ago, but have since stopped taking them cause I cant afford my script atm.

Welcome to the forum, man. I've been through quite a few of the same unfortunate scenarios that you described in your post, but I especially relate to how closely guarded you keep the real *you*. For a while, I honestly believed that I was becoming numb to emotions, unable to experience special feelings of joy or romantic affections. I vocalize what's going on in my head and heart well enough, but closely guard those issues that tug at my heart strings and give me a weakness in my lower limbs.

I hope you do stick around this forum, as there are some decent people around that might be worth a conversation or two.

I appreciate that man. Personally, I tend to come out of my shell more when I drink.

Hey just thought I'd say hello. I used to be a huge pro wrestling fan myself, though I admit I don't watch it much anymore. I also deal with a pretty bad depression. I wouldn't mind talking about it with you, and if you would want you can tell me about what you go through too. I also have a hard time with trust, it's mostly because I've been lied to all my life from those around me. Anyway, if you want to try and chat send me a message, if not that's cool.

Latest posts

Back