What would you consider your worst date?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roy1986

Reaction score
A while ago I met this girl on a dating site, she is 2 years older than me but I convinced myself to give it a shot, as she looked pretty good and felt like there is a possible connection. 

anyway, while waiting for her at a Cafe, another woman with entirely different looks approached and asked "hey Roy" and I responded "hey... Kate?"  and to my disappointment, she said yes, it was her. 
What was horrible that the woman apparently showed a picture of herself from her younger days and she looked completely different, I can understand that some of us tend to hide certain flaws about us, but at least most people are recognizable and you can match the dating site photo to the actual person. Not in Kate's case! kate looked like a completely different person, even her personality was different ...

so I just sat there for 2 hours, trying to make the best of it, she was also boring as hell and I started to think that perhaps one of her friends was the one talking to me over the phone. Started to make stories about myself that I smoke weed every day and stupid honeysuckle like that, so she would think I'm not the right man for her and then I would not have to turn her down.
Overall, the most awkward date I have ever had

I can't say that I've ever had a real date.

I guess the closest for me was going out with some friends and meeting some guys. My friend got the guy I liked and I got his friend. He wanted to be with me and I wanted to be with him, but we were stuck.

I met someone on a dating website awhile back and he looked completely different irl. In fact, I think he used someone else's photo on his profile. The date was a trainwreck. He kept bragging about "how much" he made, blah, blah.
That was my last online date.

Date where the current girlfriend at the time broke up with me suddenly on the drive back home while I was driving. Total blindside. It was a hard drive back.

Hah, what a story there Roy. That's a downfall with online dating I guess.

I went on a date with a dude from an online dating app. He smelled so bad I wanted to vomit the entire date....it was some weird mixture of cheap cologne, irish spring soap, and bad body odor. Then he hugged me after. His stank was basically stuck on me. The entire drive home, I gagged and dry heaved...having to pull over a few times lol. Sometimes it's okay to be rude and RUN. RUN FOR THE FRESH AIR.

I've heard so many stories from people from people who have used dating sites about people using younger photos or even one where the person someone met actually put up a picture of their Daughter instead of them. I have been lucky that anyone I have ever spoken to online has looked the same offline.

Serephina said:
I've heard so many stories from people from people who have used dating sites about people using younger photos or even one where the person someone met actually put up a picture of their Daughter instead of them. I have been lucky that anyone I have ever spoken to online has looked the same offline.

I really don't get people like that, I mean it's ok to the hide some flaws such as adding 2-3cm to your height, but completely lying about your look to me is just plain dumb, the person is going to see the truth anyway.

I've talked about it with the woman I am currently dating, just to see what women think about it, and she says that she doesn't feel bad for her at all because it's a fraud and wasting another person time.
the funny thing is that my current dating partner is also 2 years older than me and before meeting her for the first time, I was extremely concern that I am going to go through the same experience

This whole thread is why I don't do dating websites. You don't treat people as actual people when you're not looking them in the eye and that's just plain wrong.

When a guy walked me to my car only to pull out his penis in the parking lot. He has since been arrested several times for stalking and domestic violence

Latest posts

Back