Best decade

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jackruss4

Reaction score
So what was the best decade. 60s 70s 80s 90s all the music now
For me he has to be the 70s and 80s. So what do you think I would like to know

AmytheTemperamental said:
I like them all.

I grew up in the 70's had my first girlfriend in the 80's.. she was a dead Ringer For Cyndi Lauper. How cool was that ... ( Only i would think that ) 😂

AmytheTemperamental
How has your day been so far.

I like certain things from each decade, although due to the advanced technology and vastly improved social mores I'm glad to be alive now.

I liked the 90s and early 00s myself.

I wasn't thinking of it solely for music, I was just thinking in terms of what time I enjoyed being alive in, or would have enjoyed being alive in if I wasn't there yet. I still stand by my answer because I think that era had a good mix of things. The 90s was had a lot of good music and culture, technology was still somewhat modern as opposed to having no Internet in the 60s and 70s (they had some nice cars though, for a lot less money too!), prices of things were less out of control than today, I feel like the world or at least my country was in better shape for the most part, I still had a lot of my youth ahead of me and a lot of time to do things right, and my family was still young. It seemed like a much more promising time.

TheRealCallie said:
Why only 4 decades to choose from?  There is and has been good music in every decade.  I wouldn't pick one, as I like everything, even music from before those decades.

I chose those decades because that's the start of my life. I was born in the 60s grew up in the 70s. Started dating in the 80s had children in the 90s. Please choose what decade you wish and just put it down.

I don't have a favorite decade. Each one has important music and I enjoy every genre. I don't do favorites in anything. Picking favorites or "bests" is, to me, like saying one is better than the others and I don't feel that any is better, as each offers something different.

80s for the awesome music, even if some of it was very cheesy.

90s music was ******* terrible. Crappy nirvana whiny bands. Gangster rap music only talking about killing people, horrible angst alternative bands, metal bands who thinks it's cool to have a rapper and a dj in the band, and ughhh Celine deon.

For music it's hard to say, but I guess the latter part of the 60's, though the 70's had everything in its Glam Rock and Ziggy Stardust. I grew up with The Stones, Jimi Hendrix, Miles Davis, Emerson, Lake & Palmer, The Moody Blues, Janis Joplin and Jethro Tull. Watched them all either at IOW or Reading Festivals.

But then this last decade we watched The Stones at Glastonbury in 2013 which were crackin' good and the awesome performer Robbie Williams at Knebworth back in 2003. Mind you I did cheat somewhat: I had a press pass for both venues. ;) 

Ugh Celine Dion, too. 

Other than music, the greatest most momentous event was the fall of the Berlin Wall on 9th November 1989. After filming it I climbed up on a bit of remaining wall and celebrated swigging from a bottle of Remy Martin Black Pearl. OMG the hangover next day felt like > :club:

Latest posts

Back