About The Diary Forum

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
R

Radioman

I'm sure I read somewhere that replies are not allowed, yet I see not even the OP's return to update their thread. Is this a bug or do people just loose interest in keeping a diary thread?

They are single posts. No one can reply to them, not even the OP.

You have....if I'm not mistaken....48 or 72 hours to edit a post, that includes diary posts. Sometimes, the mods also edit posts. After the initial post, that's it. No more.

TheRealCallie said:
You have....if I'm not mistaken....48 or 72 hours to edit a post, that includes diary posts.  Sometimes, the mods also edit posts.  After the initial post, that's it.  No more.

It is 24 hour.

TheRealCallie said:
It used to be more than that, didn't it?

At one time there was no limit. Then back when Steel was here, it became 1,440 minutes which should be 24 hours.

AmytheTemperamental said:
They are single posts. No one can reply to them, not even the OP.

I was actually wondering that just now.  I wondered if there was a way to disable replies for all other members in a Diary thread, except the person who posted it.  Then, much like a real diary, they and only they could continue posting diary entries on the same thread.  Not sure if it's possible/just an idea.

The ability to reply to a post is set by forum and usergroup, meaning that all registered users have the same ability to respond to threads within a forum area. Posting rights can not be set by individual threads so it is an all or nothing deal.

So, no it can not be done or it would have been set that way long ago.

Latest posts

Back