Why some relationships work and others not as you wanted?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

owmygod

Reaction score
Today i woke up , and i asked myself this "Why would this couple - he and she are happy" , while when you try to make the same kind of relationship ( i mean being cool with the girl , be nice sometimes , others be a mystery and more... )

What is it that some couples stay with each other for so long times (1-2 or more years and some even don't count the years because they can go 5-10 or even marry one day ::D ?

For example , i have a guy that is like my age , but just a bit younger (he is now 18 and his girlfriend too), i don't think it's all about the years.. ;/
He is not so much of a 'muscular guy' , neither am i but i think he is just naturally good with girls and friends , but that's not a bad thing , i got a bit of jealosy (in a good way) for that :D
He always have plenty of girls and people to meet , and that's what makes him even more attractive to the girls.
He even tried to be my friend when he was at school and it was my classmate , yet i didn't trusted anyone so much to the point that i just naturally talk from the beginning , without any time to waste. I wish i were , but not. Maybe his social status is way over mine and that's a thing i have to improve on. Not to 'beat him' in that , but because i want to improve it.
Starting with work , then friends and then girls in the end :)
However , that is the past and now it's the present and im looking forward to new things. I even met this guy with his girlfriend working at a big shop here , and they are still together.. Haha , some people just can't stop progressing in life in a VERY good way.... :D

Aside from that , I used to have the best relationship ever in 2015 and from there till now when it ended by the time of the year i wanted to figure out why it isn't working. Is it the nice guy too much thing? I think yes. But it can't be just that. Anyways , not why i posted this thread.

We all have questions that pop in our minds and we sometimes don't have a clear , real answers. For me , i don't know why from there till now i didn't start a relationship , or maybe i do? I've just don't understand how a couple that is having so pure and real teenage love can just leave it behind like that? There is more to share , but i don't want to ....
So , basically im trying to find out WHICH are the most needed things for a couple to stay together , even if they aren't perfect?

Here is my list , but you may share yourse if you want:

1.Honesty
2.Loyalty
3.Attraction
4.Romance
5.Heading and looking in same directions
6.Respect and support each other
7.Keeping with your partner and support them at the hard times , not anyone of them to leave because it's a hard moment

( Personal example - when i was with her i wasn't nice guy ALL THE TIME , but in some moments i was , when she was 'down' i was the one who supported and never for a second consider to leave because of that. Well , then 1 - 2 times i also had hard moments and i'm not sure 100% WHY she would not just be there to listen , instead of taking this for weakness and in 2 weeks leaving me behind? Then after that we met 1 time and ever since i never contacted her but she chat me day after day without my response... , you see i know that a guy should be stable and strong but when it comes to things like family (like my case), do that neccesarily makes me a weak person? For having a heart sometimes? I don't think so. It's more that my opinion is a girl needs protector for her , but when this 1 person is in some period of hard times there is not even 10% "im with you , you can do this" , lol .....

If you look us aside , you will say "Wow this couple are perfect 2 matches , they have chemistry , they have an understanding and i wish i could be like them"

Another thing that im guessing is that 'giving your all , much of the time' is kind of wrong. Why ? Because The relationship gets boring.
The girl think she have you and you are her 'dog' is the point when things go wrong..... Or when you start listening to people's random comments , especially people she just met and never even seen us. Why is a girl always listening to all the comments she heards and takes them under consideration? If someone says 'he's not for you' and if it's her girlfriend she will start and try to think stupid things.. Or that maybe is because she was younger than me (3 years difference , im the older one she is the younger :D )
=========================================================================================================
I just can't figure out what more is missing in my list. There may be things as well that im forgetting about , or missing the experience factor (which will come someday , but for now i'm making notes)

Ok that's all , no more things to say. If you can and want , share your thoughs here.

No couple is perfect, there are always underlying things you can't/won't see. Every couple has problems, the key is to work through those problems.

There are a few critical things that are missing from your list, IMO.

Trust. A relationship will never work if you don't have trust. You can have all the love in the world, but if you don't have trust, it will fall apart.
Communication. If you can't talk about things and resolve things in a good way, things will likely fall apart.
The ability to compromise. If you can do give and take, it likely won't work

I'm sure there are others, but I think those are the most important.

I'd put attraction near the top of that list, which sounds cynical and superficial, but it's difficult to see how the other factors actually factor in without it.

Any disparity in attraction levels is likely to result in a lack of communication, trust and compromise since those things require effort from both parties.

Latest posts

Back