not new, just giving it another try

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
H

haywud

I really let my problems get the best of me about a month ago and had my account deleted even though there was no real reason for doing so, well I figured I would try again. I think the last time I was expecting too much, like I was just going to meet a bunch of people and that I would suddenly feel better. Of course as I said I've just let my problems get the best of me, and it got to a point where nothing I did here or anywhere else made any difference. I've suffered from a dark depression for almost a year now, and very few things have been able to help. Even when I do find something that helps I just seem to ruin it somehow. I'm in a worse place now than I was when I originally joined back in September, so I don't know, we'll just see what happens from here. I don't really expect anything this time around, I don't expect to meet people or make any friends this time so I'm sure that will makes things seem less depressing. It's not like I have anything to talk about if I did meet people, all I really know are video games since that's basically all my life is anymore. Well I think that's enough of my rambling, and if you actually read all of this mess then thank you.

Welcome back. I hope this time around I'd filled with better people for you ;)

nibbysaurus said:
Welcome back.  I hope this time around I'd filled with better people for you ;)

It's gonna get crowded if you let me do the work

nibbysaurus said:
Welcome back.  I hope this time around I'd filled with better people for you ;)

Is that supposed to sound sexual, or is it just me?  And are you sure that was autocorrect's fault? :D

And thank you everyone for the replies!

I read your post and then your bio. OK to voice an opinion? I'm seeing a convergence of personal issues and logistical problems: depression and social isolation, two biggies right there. And you're 34, living with your parents and listening to music and playing video games....not doing much else, you say.....not having your own home and income is a logistics issue, an issue tough to correct in a depressed condition: hence the confluence of personal and logistical, each one exacerbating the other.

If I was in your place I think I'd try and focus on changing the logistics of my life first. Employment of some kind, any kind that's legal. And then moving out of my parents' house. Just starting with those two things, and they're big things to accomplish when one is in depression, is motion....movement....and in my opinion motion is a powerful method of resisting the pull of depression.

Yay, welcome back! :)
You aren't the only one who lives with ALL and games only (though I do have mother).
Once again, I am glad you're back XD

Latest posts

Back