I'm really struggling

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lonewolf33

Reaction score
and I don't know how to cope. Recently I received some bad news relating to my professional aspirations and that was pretty much the only things driving me. Now the one purpose I had for going on has gone down the drain. Right now I'm in a worse position than I was before. I don't know if I can get through this

I gambled switched careers started over in the hopes of getting a job that I was passionate about and I failed long story short.

Oh, I'm sorry to hear that, Lonewolf. Your story isn't uncommon, however.
What career were you hoping to switch over to?

Maybe you could also tell it what it is passionates you about the job you where trying to do. As a student who has done lots of searching for a job i might like i have realized that many differnet jobs share simular aspects so maybe we could help you find something else that cpuld passionate you just as much.

None of this matters I went out on the limb tried and failed. I'm no fresh out of college 21 I'm 35 the door for opportunities is closing.

without knowing exactly what it is you went for,it is difficult to tell,but if it's something you really want,maybe research and see if there are any other opportunities elsewhere in the same field,or find out another way of getting in to it,or any related careers relating to it that would bring just as much satisfaction.

You only fail if you give up. Is there no other opportunities in the area you want to be in that could be tried? I wouldn't give up just yet. As the others have said, without knowing more details, we can't really give a lot of advice, but keep trying.

We all have challenges in life. It's a step back. I know that sometimes it is hard to pull up the effort. But, sometimes what looks like a problem can turn out to be an opportunity to move in another direction.

Lonewolf33 said:
It's hard to pull yourself up when your self-confidence is nearly rock bottom.

Hitting rock bottom is hard for all off us, but once you do and you "survive the impact" you'll find it's actually a very stable foundation to start building up from, I know I love my analogies, and this ones cheesy as f***, but that doesn't make it any less true, only way to go is up from here, you can try new things and you'll find that failure doesn't impact the way it did before, and success feels better than ever before.

Hope you'll keep tying and succeed in time!

Just watch Daniel Amos in facebook videos , he is inspiring many people going though difficult times. When you see a few of his videos you may think of your problem from different kind of view , and for the better it will give you some hope again! :)
Just type it in the search and then like his page and you will see many many videos and statuses of him !

I screwed up majorly in college, so bad it made me have to graduate a semester later. And I was in education, so I had to student in the fall semester which is more of a battle because the host teacher hasn't set the tone of the class, and you have to.

Anyways, they day I got the news that I messed up, I threw a fit....cried...thought about ending everything. I sucked it up and kept going to class. And I sucked it up and taught in the fall semester, and things worked out really well for me. Even a not ideal situation, is still a situation, and you can make it what you want.

I suppose I'm in a similar situation but just the opposite way. I've been feeling haunted lately for turning down a job offer for a higher-position that seemed too risky at the time. I took the safe route and I'm worried I'll never have such a great offer again.

The only thing I can suggest to you is to keep trying and trying. I know how hard it is...I am replaying the situation in my head over and over. But you can only gain from trying. You are still young and have many working years. 35 is not 'old' by any means.

It sucks that things didn't work out the way you hoped but life is full of risks. I know many people that left great jobs to immigrate and are now starting at very low-skilled, minimum wage jobs. I know many people who are in-between jobs, unhappy, jobless etc. You aren't the only one...there's many people out there trying to find the career that makes them happy. Keep trying until you get it.

Lonewolf, like most things, this will probably get better with time. When I had to drop out of school due to the burnout I got, and therefore failed with as close as one out of 13 years of studies altogether, I could barely think about it and absolutely not mention it. Now, I can write it, talk about it and so on. Whether I'll get my grades later on or not is another question :/
I can still hope, and so can you. I raise my milk glass for ya!

Btw the all-consuming loneliness, feelings of failure, and the daily stress I'm under I'm on this downward spiral and I don't know how to save myself

Lonewolf33 said:
None of this matters I went out on the limb tried and failed. I'm no fresh out of college 21 I'm 35 the door for opportunities is closing.

I am 35 also, and just got accepted into nursing school! It's never too late... there are MANY people who decide to change careers who are a lot older than you.. a girl in one of my classes is 44 and going back to school... others are even in their 60s!

I hope you are able to pick yourself back up out of this slump.....

Lonewolf33 said:
Btw the all-consuming loneliness, feelings of failure, and the daily stress I'm under I'm on this downward spiral and I don't know how to save myself

You could be talking about me.  Not now, but during some pretty desperate stretches I lived through.  That's the operative term here:  "Lived through".....you'll live through this somehow.  Try to think in terms of crossing a really bad place and getting to a better one.  Instead of visualizing imagery like a downward spiral.
And the previous comments about age are right, 35 is not the end of your opportunities, not at all.

Latest posts

Back