Hi everyone

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zozulya

Reaction score
Hi,

New to these forums, I am 33 years old, and I have spent most of my adulthood alone. Have enjoyed my small circle of friends when I was little but still I was already always treated differently from others. The latter point is still valid as of now in the workplace and administrations, but without friends. I consider myself as 'socially handicapped', and it might also be true when others look at me. Social anxiety is constant throughout my life, and that made me to miss many opportunities.

There are times I can embrace loneliness, and at other times I feel very desperate for companionship. I think I am in the middle of the cycle right now, but that variation may be linked to having bipolar disorder. My mood, presence of dark thoughts/suicidal ideation and compulsive buying/eating disorder are also all cyclical. At all, it is like a rollercoaster to hell :/

Contrarly to appearances, I am not Ukrainian but French, and I'm not (obviously) that girl in the avatar, but share many similarities with her (if someone watched Watamote they will know).

I'm still bad at introductions despite not being a newbie to forums... Thanks for reading. :shy:

Hi zozulya welcome to the forum. Have you tried seeing a therapist or psychiatrist for your mood or social anxiety? It can take some time but the right mix can help a lot. Have you ever tried meetup.com? It's a pretty cool place to meet new people and to get out and do things.

what kind of work do you do if you don't mind me asking?

anyways welcome to the forums *hugs* :)

Figured I would say hi. I too have felt like my life is like a rollercoaster to hell, but I don't want to bore everyone with my story here. You can message me if you wanted to know about it, or even if you just wanted to try and chat. Anyway, welcome to the forums.

Hello and welcome, I have allot in common with you, I'm 33 and have a very hard time being social, have no friends and very little contact with those that are not my family.

Never been diagnosed but I've had depression fit about 9 years and fell into social isolation, mainly because I did not trust anyone.

Hope you'll stick around get out of this forum what your looking for! P.M. me if you'd like to have a chat sometime! I'm pretty boring though 😅

Hi, nice to meet you. Im also pretty new here but i can tell you that youll easily find a place here, everyone is pretty nice and welcoming. Youll definetly be able to meet good people here so dont hesitate to post your thoughts or start your own threads.

First of all, thanks everyone :D
@evanescencefan912 : I see a psychanalyst, but I am very reluctant to take prescribed drugs. I was under medication 10-15 years ago and the withdrawal period didn't end well, not even mentioning the weight gain :/
@haywud : I know that feel...thanks
@MisterLonely : No problem, I am quite boring too :)
@expendable
b1bd605b2f1f69275d4f367762d7af2d1379115050_large.jpg

@TheRealCallie : Thanks ! :)
@Sueyguy : I see, ty :)

Always late to the welcomes these days X) I hope you'll have a great time here! ^_^

Latest posts

Back