The good and bad of summer

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
We (in the UK) had a glimpse of summer today; temperature was warm enough for TShirts and the sun was blazing, it'll be here soon enough. What are your good and bad things about summer?

For me the good things about summer:

• The smell of freshly cut grass
  • There are more birds and animals
  • There are more outdoor activities and places to visit
  • Relaxing
The bad things about summer:

• It's generally noisier (Kids screaming, dogs barking, music, etc...)
  • It's more busy
  • It can get too hot
  • Flies!!
  • It can feel monotonous (Constant sun & heat)
  • People use it as an excuse to drink
  • The feeling of wasting your life being sat inside
  • Feels depressing working long shifts
  • It gets dark too late and gets light too early
Of course not every country is the same, I personally do have a preference for winter. But it's interesting to hear peoples thoughts.

Summer.

Bad. Everything
Good. Nothing

Just give me hoodie weather so I can hide my fat beer gut and I'm happy.

Good - Fishing, that's it.

Bad - Everything else.  Florida sucks ass because of the heat.  I like to go target shooting, but the **** outdoor range is just too hot. Mostly, I'm a hermit crab and my house is my shell.  At least I can do a lot of my hobby/projects indoors, so I do win on occasion.

Give me cold weather any day of the week.

I feel like Summer can sometimes make you feel like you're the only lonely one.

beautiful loser said:
Good - Fishing, that's it.

Bad - Everything else.  Florida sucks ass because of the heat.  I like to go target shooting, but the **** outdoor range is just too hot. Mostly, I'm a hermit crab and my house is my shell.  At least I can do a lot of my hobby/projects indoors, so I do win on occasion.

Give me cold weather any day of the week.

I agree! I love having land in the middle of nowhere. If I feel like shooting off my ar15, I can just set up my targets and fire away. Not have to pack the car, drive, and wait for a section to become available.

Good - Summer means that fall and winter are coming soon, and that's good.

Bad - Scorching heat, bugs, rashes, headaches, grumpy moods, annoying tourists, neighbours up late partying until the wee hours outside with no respect for their fellow neighbours, everyone around you saying "Isn't this sunny weather fantastic?!" with a big, happy grin on their face while you're drenched in nasty sweat from head to foot and all you want to do is scream at them - "fresia you, and the **** sun too!"

Summer sucks, I hate it and I dread it. My only saving grace is my air conditioned house and the fact that most of my hobbies are indoor-based...I venture outside in summer only if I have to, or at night once the sun's gone done. I'm a summer vampire...:)

Good:
I don't have to drive my kids the 13 miles to school everyday.
Um....can't think of anything else. :club:

Bad:
More bugs
My kids don't go to school, so I basically have them 24/7
The heat
The sun making the heat worse
No snow
Having to mow the **** lawn every **** week
Switching where I shop because the one town is extremely busy in the summer so I won't go there
Everywhere is busier because the kids aren't in school
Too many **** people.
The list goes on, but I'll stop there.
Long list short- Summer sucks, gimme winter and SNOW :club:

Latest posts

Back