wine and lexapro

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roy1986

Reaction score
anybody knows  how long do I have to wait before drinking a glass of wine after I've taken lexapro ?

This really isn't the place for a question like that, you should talk to your doctor first. Lexapro is an antidepressant, why would you wan to mix alcohol with it. I did a quick Google search on your question anyway out of curiosity, and while some only drank a few times a year, and not heavily, they had no side effects. Others did with only a few drinks or even drinking too much one day. So please don't take any advice off a forum and contact your doctor first, he/she would have much better insight seeing as they would know your medical history.

My mom, my sister, and myself have never had any negative side affects with it, but we are on only 10 mg. My mom and sister drink every night (not get drunk, more like a glass of wine) and have never had issues with it.

But then again, that is our bodies, not yours.

Sci-Fi said:
This really isn't the place for a question like that, you should talk to your doctor first.  Lexapro is an antidepressant, why would you wan to mix alcohol with it.  I did a quick Google search on your question anyway out of curiosity, and while some only drank a few times a year, and not heavily, they had no side effects.  Others did with only a few drinks or even drinking too much one day.  So please don't take any advice off a forum and contact your doctor first, he/she would have much better insight seeing as they would know your medical history.

I am going to ask her anyway, was just wondering because I merely talking about a glass of wine and not getting drunk.
I like drinking 1 glass of wine on different occasions..

Latest posts

Back