Left and right socks....

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How should socks come?

• Two left ftw!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Two right ikr?!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

MisterLonely

Reaction score
This has always bothered me, why don't we standard have left and right sock pairs ?!

Do you enjoy that flappy bit always going double ontop or under your pinky toe? 
Or when you pull them too far up to avoid that issue and suddenly you big toe is sticking through, so annoying right!

We live in the year 2017, It's been over 50 years sinse men first left our atmosphere, we fly from continent to continent without thinking twice about it and still those **** socks won't fit right!

Let me know what you all think,

Some of my socks have Rs and Ls on them for that purpose, but they're sports socks so they're optimized for each foot. I think most socks might actually be standardized to some degree so before you put them on you check if they're completely the same or symmetrical. You could make it a habit of always wearing the same sock on the same foot, so they're eventually adjusted to each foot of yours. Just to be safe you can stitch the correct letters onto them.

Rodent said:
Some of my socks have Rs and Ls on them for that purpose, but they are sports socks so they're optimized for each foot. I think most socks might actually be standardized to some degree so before you put them on you check if they're the completely the same or symmetrical. You could make it a habit of always wearing the same sock on the same foot, so they're eventually adjusted to each foot or yours. Just to be safe you can stitch the correct letters onto them.

Thanks for the reply Rodent, helpful as ever!

See this is exactly what I mean though, spotsocks have an R and L, because youneed them to be comfortable, and if they slip and bunch in you're shoes you'll get blisters, so why not all socks, I still have days I walk several km in the office, not sports ofcourse but still activity!

Pretty much every pair of socks that I own has a left and a right. Maybe it's a designer thing, but they've all got branding on the side of the sock that faces outwards.

Cavey said:
Pretty much every pair of socks that I own has a left and a right. Maybe it's a designer thing, but they've all got branding on the side of the sock that faces outwards.

Hmm, but if the socks are otherwise the same, how do you know you don't have socks with branding on the inside?

I find it quite handy because if one of my socks escapes I can put its partner with another lonely one. There'd be loads of lonely ones if they were lefts and rights. :club:

My socks are OK for either left or right, they only come in 2 colors, gray and black and are the exact same blend of cotton and nylon. The only exceptions are wool socks for outdoor winter wear and they're all the same color. So i have 3 kinds of socks and I planned it that way so as to avoid mismatching issues.....one less little logistical problem in life. My everyday clothes are also kind of like a uniform.....gray tee shirts, blue denim carpenter jeans and brown sweatshirts if it's cool outside. Day after day, the same outfit. Except for when I go into town.

Just wear flip flops ... problem fixed

If you buy socks at the specialty running shoe stores you can get left and rights

I just cut the toes off all my socks. No bunching problems.

BadGuy said:
Just wear flip flops ... problem fixed

If you buy socks at the specialty running shoe stores you can get left and rights

Minus said:
I just cut the toes off all my socks. No bunching problems.

Both very creative sollutions, on most days the flip flops won't work because I need be representative at the job (why I don't know, not like I see clients :p).

Cutting the toes out would solve the right/left problem, but then they would probably bunch even more, or roll up half way up my foot :(

haha, I remember a few years ago at work we had a lad there who was pretty dopey, I was telling a girl there how daft he could be and she wouldnt believe me. So I proved it, by shouting him over the intercom, when he phoned I told him that a customer had complained that his socks were on the wrong feet.

Off he trots to a storeroom to check...

funniest honeysuckle ever haha

Latest posts

Back