Hello

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cornishboy

Reaction score
Been "guesting" on here for a while but decided now to sign up and join in.

I'm Paul, 41 from the south west of the UK

I've been suffering with loneliness and shyness/social issues for a number of years now.

The loneliness started a few years ago when I moved town to be closer to work.  I've got a number of acquaintances/work colleagues but no friends.   I have no immediate family nearby, they either live on the other side of the country, or abroad.   Weekends are the worse - I could go the whole weekend without speaking to anyone.  It does have it's advantages in some ways, I haven't got a worry about anyone else, I do my own thing etc, but sometimes I think it would be nice just to have a bit of contact with someone, even just an online message or text.

I would class myself as very shy, especially when I don't know people.  I tend to listen in to a conversation rather than joining in, although I'm not too bad once I get to know people, but when it's meeting new people, I tend to stand and listen as I struggle to think of things to say.  I don't know how I have ended up like this, but I've been like this for most of my adult life. and probably because of this, I've never been in a relationship either.

Anyway, looking forward to joining in here and hopefully making some new acquaintances.

Celt said:
Hi paul welcome from another sou'wester, if we could be called that?

Haha, depends which part you're from.  I've always think of just Devon & Cornwall whenever the South West is mentioned

Thanks for the welcome everyone

Welcome ^_^
Had the same way of "conversating" the few times I tried that before my burnout, which turned me more extrovert than... than... That turned me very extrovert! :p

Latest posts

Back