Want to join some movement, but can;t find right one for me

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There's that group that tries to help people who are unrightfully jailed in other countries and such. Misplaced the name, however. Best shot I got at the moment for ya.

Meaw said:
There's that group that tries to help people who are unrightfully jailed in other countries and such. Misplaced the name, however. Best shot I got at the moment for ya.

You mean Amnesty International?

Update: I read more about the AI - thanks for your advice, but this is not what I'd like to join. My reasons are that they are concerned too much about things which I, while of course appreciate, consider to be already overly promoted - like rights of women, minorities and refugees. I also stand for capital punishment for really severe crimes (mass murder for example, or large scale treason during a war), which is totally against the position of AI.

Okay, good luck then ^_^ I'll be back if I figure out something else!

Thanks, Meaw.
I sent an email to one big nonprofit in EU, with my brief resume, motivation and ideas how I could volunteer there. But still not sure if they accept it.

They say they don't need any volunteers.
I checked everything I could... But my volunteering is not needed anywhere.
I often wish we nowadays have as strong international political ideologies like Communism and Fascism before ww2, it could be a choice for people like me.
However, guys, maybe some of you have any suggestions or ideas? I really don't know what to do now, dead end.

Are there no Italian nationalist parties that would suit? I could be mistaken but it seems like they would fit you.

Paraiyar said:
Are there no Italian nationalist parties that would suit? I could be mistaken but it seems like they would fit you.

I'm not Italian by citizenship, so they rejected me already. Tried it :-(

Augusto said:
Paraiyar said:

Would there be any unofficial, grassroots ones that might accept you?

Paraiyar said:
Augusto said:
Paraiyar said:

Would there be any unofficial, grassroots ones that might accept you?

That's a really great idea, Paraiyar. For now I didn't find such, but I'll try again.
I mean, of course there are lots of unofficial groups, grassroots and so on - but in 99,9% peaople are not interested in anything but chatting in free time, without real goals of making difference or doing at least something. So being a member there is the same s being a "member" of local pub visitors.

1. Determine the change you want to see.

2. Find organization that work toward that change.

3. Join that organization.

I'm not mocking, by the way. I'm highlighting that knowing - with more specificity - what "change" you want to see occur in the world is going to be essential to determining what you are going to spend your life doing.

bleed_the_freak said:
1. Determine the change you want to see.

2. Find organization that work toward that change.

3. Join that organization.

I'm not mocking, by the way. I'm highlighting that knowing - with more specificity - what "change" you want to see occur in the world is going to be essential to determining what you are going to spend your life doing.

Stuck on step 2 - not that many organizations, and they all rejected me.

And yes, in theory it's easy :)

bleed_the_freak said:
1. What change do you want to see in specificity?

Okay, sir. Here are things about which I deeply care and want to make better even by small work:

- Development of rural communities (from infrastructure to their representation in national politics)
- Promotion of western cultural values among young generation
- Preservation of traditional culture
- Solution of international and inter-community problems by peaceful means; inter-country dialog (up to as global as development of US-EU friendship)

All of the above for either USA, or any of European countries.

Specific enough? :)

I would agree with all of those, as stated.

Have you considered affecting change by starting a YouTube channel and speaking out.

Doing research, posting information, creating a soapbox that could then bring some notoriety and open doors for you to go further?

bleed_the_freak said:
I would agree with all of those, as stated.

Have you considered affecting change by starting a YouTube channel and speaking out.

Doing research, posting information, creating a soapbox that could then bring some notoriety and open doors for you to go further?

Thanks! It's nice to see like minded people :)

I'm pretty bad in public speaking due to some inborn issues. It's not lack of confidence or experience, I can do great eye to eye, but on camera it's terrible - I tried it... so YouTube is out of question for now.

And as for the latter - I tried it for five years, with various approaches and no result. The most important probles is one need to have good amount of money and/or really good political connections to boost it, or on the bottom level there are jsut too many people who do the same by themselves, ad even making others hear you is not an easy task.

I also found out that there is a huge gap between fully volunteer projects on single causes (like grassroots), and huge NGO's with paid staff, and almost everybody on nonprofit fields (like providing research data fro example) with either see you as small wannabe group who are unimportant, or will try to find your annual snendings report on your website, and expecting to see PhDs in your staff. If you don't have the latter points, you are not even considered as serious and reliable source. It's experience of my one-year run of research center.

In addition, you just can't be better that Heritage Foundation or Rural Youth Europe in those topics above, so it's hard to really advance on those fields with traditional approaches.

Latest posts

Back