Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Want to join some movement, but can;t find right one for me
1. Determine the change you want to see.

2. Find organization that work toward that change.

3. Join that organization.

I'm not mocking, by the way. I'm highlighting that knowing - with more specificity - what "change" you want to see occur in the world is going to be essential to determining what you are going to spend your life doing.
(04-22-2017, 11:47 PM)bleed_the_freak Wrote: 1. Determine the change you want to see.

2. Find organization that work toward that change.

3. Join that organization.

I'm not mocking, by the way. I'm highlighting that knowing - with more specificity - what "change" you want to see occur in the world is going to be essential to determining what you are going to spend your life doing.

Stuck on step 2 - not that many organizations, and they all rejected me.

And yes, in theory it's easy :-)
Contro l'oro c'è il sangue - e fa la storia!
1. What change do you want to see in specificity?
(04-23-2017, 02:04 AM)bleed_the_freak Wrote: 1. What change do you want to see in specificity?

Okay, sir. Here are things about which I deeply care and want to make better even by small work:

- Development of rural communities (from infrastructure to their representation in national politics)
- Promotion of western cultural values among young generation
- Preservation of traditional culture
- Solution of international and inter-community problems by peaceful means; inter-country dialog (up to as global as development of US-EU friendship)

All of the above for either USA, or any of European countries.

Specific enough? :-)
I would agree with all of those, as stated.

Have you considered affecting change by starting a YouTube channel and speaking out.

Doing research, posting information, creating a soapbox that could then bring some notoriety and open doors for you to go further?
(04-23-2017, 03:29 AM)bleed_the_freak Wrote: I would agree with all of those, as stated.

Have you considered affecting change by starting a YouTube channel and speaking out.

Doing research, posting information, creating a soapbox that could then bring some notoriety and open doors for you to go further?

Thanks! It's nice to see like minded people :-)

I'm pretty bad in public speaking due to some inborn issues. It's not lack of confidence or experience, I can do great eye to eye, but on camera it's terrible - I tried it... so YouTube is out of question for now.

And as for the latter - I tried it for five years, with various approaches and no result. The most important probles is one need to have good amount of money and/or really good political connections to boost it, or on the bottom level there are jsut too many people who do the same by themselves, ad even making others hear you is not an easy task.

I also found out that there is a huge gap between fully volunteer projects on single causes (like grassroots), and huge NGO's with paid staff, and almost everybody on nonprofit fields (like providing research data fro example) with either see you as small wannabe group who are unimportant, or will try to find your annual snendings report on your website, and expecting to see PhDs in your staff. If you don't have the latter points, you are not even considered as serious and reliable source. It's experience of my one-year run of research center.

In addition, you just can't be better that Heritage Foundation or Rural Youth Europe in those topics above, so it's hard to really advance on those fields with traditional approaches.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Do You Find it Difficult to Forgive Yourself for The Wrong You've Done In Life? Komodo 13 1,685 03-03-2017, 09:31 AM
Last Post: TheSkaFish
  join for Illustrator course? Peaches 3 361 07-07-2015, 06:00 AM
Last Post: Aisha
  Cannot Wait Until We Find A New Home Animelover10102 1 551 10-02-2014, 12:10 PM
Last Post: Omnipotent Soul
  Have Any Of You Been/Are Members on Experience Project? How Do/Did You Find It? JustALonelyGuy 7 1,409 03-15-2014, 11:10 AM
Last Post: WallflowerGirl83
  I can't find motivation el Jay 5 1,483 01-15-2013, 03:18 AM
Last Post: isthatso
  Don't find things fun anymore Lawrens 8 23,051 11-13-2011, 12:31 AM
Last Post: Bones
  Been trying my hardest to find work for awhile Remedy 10 1,885 07-02-2010, 11:37 PM
Last Post: SophiaGrace
  How to find your purpose in life? Silvernight 26 2,938 01-19-2009, 11:21 PM
Last Post: Brian
  Should My Friend Join This Site? SleepyKid 5 980 10-15-2008, 03:58 AM
Last Post: SleepyKid
  How do people find people who enjoy to go out to clubs/bars? alonelyshyboy 6 2,013 08-16-2008, 04:56 PM
Last Post: Porman