i feel completely empty inside

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
H

haywud

I've got to the point where nothing matters. I have no job or anything, and I'm not sure it even matters anymore anyway. I have no friends outside of the internet, and the ones I do have online I barely talk with anymore because I've basically given up on everything. I can't do anything for myself, so no idea what's left for me. I can't kill myself, that's another thing I can't do so I'm just stuck living this failure of a life. I think if I had someone around me to push and motivate me I might be able to overcome this, but all my real life friends gave up on me and even my family just watches as I rot away. Since I didn't have the courage to actually speak up and say anything I tried writing a letter to my mom about how I feel, complete waste of time since she pretty much told me I had to do things myself. She also completely ignored the fact that I mentioned having suicidal thoughts, so that's wonderful. I don't know what else to do, where to begin, or anything. I've had so much advice given to me from people online, but I just fail to do it because of a complete lack of confidence and motivation. I just don't know anymore. :(

Hi haywud,
You know, I know we've talked about this but frankly, you sound deeply depressed. Online friends can be a great way of getting support and advice. But I'm wondering if you've sought any counseling and/ or medical help? I really think you should. Depression can be a vicious cycle but one small step can help you break out of it. What have you got to lose?
If you're not able to get your parents to help you with this, there are colleges and universities that sometimes offer low cost or no cost counseling services. There are some colleges in your area - it might be worth looking into. I hope things start getting better for you. :)

Maybe make a list of all the things you want changed in your life and start with the easiest ones to change and work your way up in complexity. That way you can get a psychological boost from the easy stuff.

Always remember the sun is always shining, even at night time, even when it's grey outside.
Here for you <3

haywud said:
I've got to the point where nothing matters. I have no job or anything, and I'm not sure it even matters anymore anyway. I have no friends outside of the internet, and the ones I do have online I barely talk with anymore because I've basically given up on everything. I can't do anything for myself, so no idea what's left for me. I can't kill myself, that's another thing I can't do so I'm just stuck living this failure of a life. I think if I had someone around me to push and motivate me I might be able to overcome this, but all my real life friends gave up on me and even my family just watches as I rot away. Since I didn't have the courage to actually speak up and say anything I tried writing a letter to my mom about how I feel, complete waste of time since she pretty much told me I had to do things myself. She also completely ignored the fact that I mentioned having suicidal thoughts, so that's wonderful. I don't know what else to do, where to begin, or anything. I've had so much advice given to me from people online, but I just fail to do it because of a complete lack of confidence and motivation. I just don't know anymore. :(
I am sorry you feel the way you do. It sounds like you may benefit from talking to a professional counselor. Your life is important and matters, nomatter how you may be feeling. I think it would be a good idea for you to get a job, volunteer, pick up a new hobby or something like that to get you out of the house and thinking of other things. Best of luck to you. I will be praying for you!

haywud said:

I know you've been depressed for quite awhile. I'm here for you if you ever need to talk. Not going to give up on you simply because you're sad and depressed. Hope that things get better for you, I truly do. You emotionally well being should come first before anything. Right now you're suffering from depression and sometimes it's hard to move forward when everything around you doesn't seem to make you happy anymore. Just know that it does get better. 

Where I live, if you don't have medical insurance, they go by a sliding scale and you pay as you go. There's certain places where you can go to see a doctor. I'm not sure what the places are like where you live. Hope you go one day or try to see a doctor so you can tell them what you're truly feeling so that you can get help, support and perhaps see a therapist too. Hope you feel better soon! =) Don't give up please.

You should see a doctor. Several people in my family, including myself, have had depression and have had to see the doctor for it. Sometimes, when there is no hope, you need medication to get out of the deepest darkest depression. Then you can actually work on it.

Thanks guys. I know I need help, but not too sure what to do about it. Everyone suggests seeing a doctor or a therapist, but without a job or insurance that will be hard to do. My parents don't seem willing to help with anything, and unless I can find some sort of free services or someone around here that could help I don't know what else to do. Transportation is also a huge problem for me. Can't pay for public transportation, and have none of my own, so unless I can walk I'm not going anywhere and I don't think there's anything within walking distance. The times I was able to get to a doctor in the past I was put on medications, and neither one helped just made things worse. The first medication sort of helped but brought out a lot of anger which caused major problems for me, so I had to stop that. The second one simply made me feel worse, made me want to kill myself, so I had to stop that. I feel like I'm in some bad nightmare and just can't wake up. :(

Can you start spending copious amounts of time walking in nature? Observing, writing, drawing... This can really REALLY help you.

bleed_the_freak said:
Can you start spending copious amounts of time walking in nature? Observing, writing, drawing... This can really REALLY help you.

That's a good idea. When I've felt down, I like to go for walks, even just for purposeless wanderings through my neighborhood or through local parks. It's a great way to clear your head and exercise is also a natural mood booster.

SofiasMami said:
bleed_the_freak said:

That's a good idea. When I've felt down, I like to go for walks, even just for purposeless wanderings through my neighborhood or through local parks. It's a great way to clear your head and exercise is also a natural mood booster.

I do that. but usually out of my neighborhood seems to work best. you know. a change of scenery. faces. etc. that's important

Hey Haywud, I understand how you feel. I was there 5 years ago but I took the stand and faced my problems and let me tell you I had so many. I overcame it and you can too. I am a Life Coach in training and have been studying Life Coaching for 4 years. I read that you don't seek a therapist or doctor because of lack of funds which completely makes sense. I would be Thrilled to have the opportunity to speak one on one with you and try my best to teach you the strategies I know and have used to transform your life. And the best part is I will Do it FREE. Why? Because I have been through your pain and I don't want any human being to experience it. And Keep in mind that this is a two way partnership. NO ADVICE IN THE WORLD WILL HELP YOU UNLESS YOU ARE WILLING TO APPLY AND PRACTICE AGAIN AND AGAIN until you win. Shoot me a pm I would Love to hear from you.

Latest posts

Back