question for everyone :when you're upset do you want space or attention ?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
P

pinocio

Hi guys ,
 I just want to know ,what do you want when you're upset ,do you want  space or attention ?

Most of the time I want attention but sometime i want space when I upset.

Usually when I'm upset I want space. A lot of attention when I'm upset stresses me out. I don't mind if it's one on one attention sometimes, but it depends on the person it's with.

I would say, I want a little bit of both. Space, but the reassurance from someone that they are there for me.

Depends on the cause. Usually it's space 99% of the time, but the remaining 1% I demand attention lol

I usually want space straight after, but not too long after that I want to ***** about it to someone. Could be online but preferably IRL.

bleed_the_freak said:
Usually space

Because the attention is often wrong

It's similar for me.  Actually I would like attention, but the kind I want is hard to find and space is better than the wrong kind, which just aggravates me and gives me anxiety.  I've been kind of feeling lately that my parents in particular aren't very emotionally supportive of me and can be very difficult.  It sucks because I basically have no one to talk to at home when something is bothering me because they are either unapproachable or just won't listen, and that's the problem.  All they think about is one **** thing and won't listen when I say it's not that simple.  Sometimes I would really like someone to just listen, and they won't do that.  So i find myself here on the forum because if I want to talk about how I'm feeling, most days this is all I have.

I can talk to one of my brothers but he isn't around much.  And my grandma makes me feel better, but she lives in her own house miles away.  I have some friends i can talk to but everyone is busy with their own lives.  I feel like I have to deal with my feelings on my own though because no one's around all the time.

Yes - well depending on what upset me. I certainly like to vent about whatever it is that is troubling me. and have callie respond

😀😀

I typically never want attention. I'd rather be by myself and do things by myself.

Space. I can be really agressive when I get mad, which is why I tend to isolate. I don't want to hurt anybody. So I usually walk away from a fight, because if I start it, I'll finish it and when I get really upset, I'm not a pleasant person to be around.
I used to be a very angry person, I greatly work on it, but sometimes the gasket still blows lol. I run away when it happens.

EDIT: One thing I have discovered though is that when you're in a fight or an argument, especially with a tender half and want it to end or get back to a conversation, on thing that helps is to say the absolute STUPIDEST, most random thing you can think of. Completely out of left field. Usually gets a laugh and calm the tone a bit ;-)

Most of the time I'd want my views backed up in some way - e.g. "Yes, it is really stupid that it works that way, they should have fixed it better." Guess it's some kind of validation - "it ain't just in your head" or "it is not insignificant, you and your thoughts actually matter". Sad thing, I'm usually too proud to just say that when angry, even if I'm not that much of a proud person otherwise :p
It'd kinda also feel like people would agree just for me to get over with whatever problem I might have with the world.

Latest posts

Back