confused

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mauthecat

Reaction score
Hi ALL, it has been a while since I posted here, here I am again. 

Yesterday I heard the person I care for more about in this planet say "I am just waiting for the right time to kill myself". I know I have certainly felt that way at some point in my life, I don´t know how many of you may have felt the same way. 

I know times are rough for this person right now, a LOT of things going on, trust me, I understand why would you say something like that in that situation, yet still I can´t stop thinking about it. 

This person and I have gone through every spectrum of the love-hate relationship I think, deep down my feelings never changed anyway, I asked God one day, and he gave me what I thought was a very clear answer "love conquers all", so through thick and thin (Or so I thought), I was there, because I love and care about this person so much it didn´t matter any more what we were or were not, I wanted to be there, to offer some support, to be a helping hand. I know what it is like to go through bad times alone, when you don´t talk to anyone because you think the will be bored of your complaining, and nobody wants to hear you whine about how bad things are, and this person deserves a friend, someone that will be there, and I wanted to be that person, I still do, yet that statement scares me so much, I don´t know what to do, I obviously don´t want this person to feel this way, I don´t know how to help, and I feel so distraught at the same time knowing our time together will end rather soon? And it is going to end up breaking my heart, loosing the most important person for me is going to be horrible, I hope it was just talk, in the heat of the moment and it won´t really be like that.

Hey
Try your best to help that person ,make that person realize how important is that person for you.
Try not to panic ,do your best.

pinocio said:
Hey
Try your best to help that person ,make that person realize how important is that person for you.
Try not to panic ,do your best.

Thank you Pinocio, I hope that person knows.

From what I remember, it's said that if someone expresses the desire to commit suicide, then it most often means that they are subconsciously asking for help, & do not actually want to kill themselves. So you might find that that is the psychology behind your friends expression. They are calling to you for help.

So try to be calm & patient with yourself & your friend because, again, it's said that suicide is a hard thing to do & most people fail at it because it's a cry for help, not a genuine desire to die.

There are a lot of resources on the web that can explain these things better than I.

Just be the best friend that you can, focus on healthy & happy things with them as much as possible & try to show them the value of life.

I'd say, if you both are okay with it, offer a shoulder to cry on and arms to rest in. (Only, however, if you're able to mean it - which it sounds like you are.) The person might not need it or take you up on the offer, but I'm pretty sure it goes a long way.
Remember that there's a gap between really, really wanting to disappear and actually doing it. To the person, hell breaking loose is real alternatively the infinite void of nothingness is real, and to both of those the shoulder or arms I suggested would provide something solid.
Best of luck!

Latest posts

Back