Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do you believe in friendships between men and women?
I mean real friendship, not the hang out with the gang kind of friendship.

My therapist told me that I should try a different approach and agree to befriend with a woman, but I've never believed you can
develop a decent relationship with the opposite sex, as a man, I don't see myself able to get so close to a woman without
falling for her. 

I have never understood men who agree to this, I mean you sit there listen to what kind of dicks the guys around her are 
and you are like her damn free therapist, who would want such a thing.
Maybe I'm exaggerating, what's your point of you on the matter?
I do. I don't believe in the notion that men and ladies can't be actual, true friends. I watched this video about it before, and the girl in the video said that she thought the only reason why men and women were friends was because they couldn't figure out a way to be together. I don't believe in that. I think the notion itself is ridiculous. I don't see how being male or female determines friendship. I've had male friends for years now and nothing, not a thing, has ever come up on either end. So it's definitely possible.
I do as well. Conversations between male and female friends are not necessarily about the dating options of one of the two, either. I have guys that I am friends with who are married even, and it's not like we want to be "together," we just enjoy each other's company.
I have a lot of female friends, never had a problem with it. Just because they are the opposite sex doesn't mean there has to be an attraction. Your erogenous zones shouldn't be a condition in begin friends with someone. It never bothered me to hear about their guy problems, and one is a lesbian so with her there are never guy problems.

[Image: p5XQ_g.gif]
I have always had mostly guy friends. I would tell you why, but I'm sure I'd get yelled at for it...even if it's true. lol
Want to talk?  Check out the CHAT ROOM 
[Image: 68694043_2341967022788228_46455155003665...Ng%3D%3D.2]
(04-29-2017, 09:01 AM)TheRealCallie Wrote: I have always had mostly guy friends.  I would tell you why, but I'm sure I'd get yelled at for it...even if it's true.  lol

Pls tell.  Big Grin

I have a couple of completely platonic woman friends. Though... more often than not it doesn't work out that way. The women I am platonic friends with are nowhere near as close as my close guy friends though. I'm not sure how close you would be able to get without having any feelings from one side or the other. It can happen though I guess.
I think it depends on the person. It's difficult to "just be friends" with someone you're attracted to (for some people).
“Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, ‘I will try again tomorrow.’”
I agree with Eve- I think it depends on the persons involved. I know my sister has several male friends, her best friend aside from her husband being male, and she would obviously say men and women can be friends. As for me, I've strayed away from male friends and I just don't think they could work. Feelings would surely arise if we got close enough to be true friends, or otherwise we would just be casual distant friends which would never amount to the type of closer intimate friendships I could receive from other women.

I also know some people who get on with their lives perfectly fine when they're attracted to their friends, while others (me) can't keep up the friendship if there's an attraction. That, in turn, I think depends on what the relationship is and what it means to that person.

Edit: Also real quick- the friendship you describe where the girl just complains about men and uses you as a therapist isn't always the case. Some women can be like that, but we're all individuals. You simply need to find a girl you can relate with and who shares your interests and views on life.
(04-29-2017, 04:48 PM)Tijopi Wrote: I agree with Eve- I think it depends on the persons involved. I know my sister has several male friends, her best friend aside from her husband being male, and she would obviously say men and women can be friends. As for me, I've strayed away from male friends and I just don't think they could work. Feelings would surely arise if we got close enough to be true friends, or otherwise we would just be casual distant friends which would never amount to the type of closer intimate friendships I could receive from other women.

I also know some people who get on with their lives perfectly fine when they're attracted to their friends, while others (me) can't keep up the friendship if there's an attraction. That, in turn, I think depends on what the relationship is and what it means to that person.

Edit: Also real quick- the friendship you describe where the girl just complains about men and uses you as a therapist isn't always the case. Some women can be like that, but we're all individuals. You simply need to find a girl you can relate with and who shares your interests and views on life.

I just tend to believe that some people keep friends from the opposite sex, in order to have someone to lean on when their other half treats them badly.
I heard from some people that others have used them and completely ignored possible feeling they have toward them, which in my opinion is vicious and really shows the character of a person. 
If I honestly believed that most people are not like that, I would dive in and take the risk, especially because male friends tend to be too occupied with their own issues and barely make time for their pals, however, I don't like the thought of someone taking me for granted and in many cases it's like that for guys.
I have more male friends that female friends and always have done. I'm not saying that I have never fallen for a friend,it has happened but I just happen to get on better with men than women for some reason and it's purely platonic,with no romantic feelings at all.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Can men and women actually "romantically" bond with each other? CactusMonster 24 2,293 11-15-2019, 10:16 AM
Last Post: ardour
  Questions for the Women Naleena 3,353 594,412 11-15-2019, 07:20 AM
Last Post: PandaSwag
  Women bringing home the bacon... AnonymousMe 17 6,269 10-01-2019, 01:50 PM
Last Post: Bored
  Women initiating sex Quietude 23 2,701 09-18-2019, 04:50 PM
Last Post: Just Games
  Dating women from work bearcat22 16 1,941 02-22-2019, 09:56 PM
Last Post: Red_Wedding_Casualty
  Women in your forties Seahorse 22 4,672 04-01-2018, 03:52 AM
Last Post: MisterLonely
  He is dating other women hppnssseeker 12 6,885 12-19-2017, 11:02 AM
Last Post: TheLoadedDog
  Why do women contribute to so little to the interaction during courtship? DanMann 7 2,394 10-24-2017, 05:59 AM
Last Post: VanillaCreme
  21, Never kissed a girl? Women please answer. Osiris 15 5,288 07-26-2017, 07:32 PM
Last Post: ardour
  Approaching women on street and pick up lines. Restless soul 104 19,974 06-06-2017, 07:30 AM
Last Post: Restless soul