Tried to meet people but constantly failing... constantly lonely... about to give up.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Harpuia

Reaction score
Pretty much what it says.  I've made countless efforts over the last 2 years to better myself as a person socially and meet people.  I pursued my dream (did Youtubing/streaming for a while) in order to do that and not only have I failed in that dream, but it's left me even more alone than ever.  I don't have a person I can really call on to talk to at anytime anymore.  I've given up the belief that there is any girl for me.  And I'm going back to my old profession which pretty much means goodbye social life.

I feel like the worst person in the world right now.  I don't deserve to exist is how I'm feeling because of it all.

Harpuia said:
Pretty much what it says.  I've made countless efforts over the last 2 years to better myself as a person socially and meet people.  I pursued my dream (did Youtubing/streaming for a while) in order to do that and not only have I failed in that dream, but it's left me even more alone than ever.  I don't have a person I can really call on to talk to at anytime anymore.  I've given up the belief that there is any girl for me.  And I'm going back to my old profession which pretty much means goodbye social life.

I feel like the worst person in the world right now.  I don't deserve to exist is how I'm feeling because of it all.

Don't be so down on yourself you have to stay optimistic because when you don't you will find yourself in an even darker place I have no friends or family but I still stay positive because I know the downward spiral loneliness can sing You Down and it's most definitely bad when you start to invite bad people in your life because of your loneliness

Hi Harpuia.
don't think like that ,don't give up .
hope for your good ,you said there is no girl for you ,then you're totally wrong about that,love will found you someday.

but don't forget to tell me when you find that special one.
good luck with *hug*

I completely understand, but I do have a husband. Sometimes having someone is still not enough. I'm constantly ignored, sometimes we seem like mere roomates. Falling in love is wonderful though. Good luck!

YouTube is a difficult thing to get known for, despite how many people do it. It's like freelance acting almost.

I've gone through the gamut of social advice and realized that most of it is best-case scenario. Improving social skills helps, but friendships are a side effect of meeting people you're having fun with. Meet Ups are great - if you live in the big cities in your area or have significant time and money to spend traveling to meet what's usually a different set of faces every time.

Once we're out of school, social lives dwindle to begin if you don't make your entire life about being social. That's what nobody really says and what hurts so much to fight against.

I've tried to alleviate this through looking online, but failed and gave up. Most women want to find a man to flirt with and make them feel better, not another woman to spend time with, and most men want to date or have sex to feel better, not hang out.

Don't do both the things at the same time. Either give up totally, or keep doing it totally. Don't keep hanging in between. You will miss both. If you want to quit, quit. And pursue other goals. If a woman comes along, good. Otherwise, keep moving.

Well, assuming you are younger than me.. I wouldn't worry about it... Give it more time..

There's always at least one good match for us out there... even if it's a temporary one.

i am absolutely useless at talking to the opposite sex but think i tried too hard at one time ,now when i talk to someone on the beach or supermarket i just relax and think ,if it happens it happens instead of coming across desperate and needy
my ex and my kids (who moved out with university) think i should do a meet up ,but my conversation dosnt flow well in real time ,i can see the logic though and will probabley go down this route

I have been told that I don't have any game..

I can talk to any woman, no prob.. but to spew them lines to get them beyond small talk.. eh, I suck.. Lol!

If you are wanting to stop making videos for the sake of lack of attention, consider why you want attention and focus on what you enjoy about it or switch to private journalling. I have a journal I use online. You will probably not get the attention you crave, YouTube channels are hard to grt subscribers and attention .

I've been there before and I felt like I was failing each time I tried to put myself out there. There was so many times where I over analyzed with what I said or things that I thought or assumed people would hate me by what my opinions were and I was my own worst enemy and I ended up pushing a lot of people away in the end. So trust me, when I read the words "I feel like giving up." I definitely know what you mean by that.

It's easier said but done but try to find who you are deep down inside and try to get comfortable in you're own skin and with what you love: your hobbies, the way you carry yourself, how you dress, the way you think, etc. Try to boost up your self confidence and do things for yourself that will make you happy in the end. Overtime you'll start to feel better about yourself, put one step in front of the other and keep doing little things for yourself that will help you grow and learn.

Keep a journal. Either online which Eternitydreamer suggested and mentioned to you or keep one inside your house. I have both and I hide the one I have inside my room where I know nobody will find it.
Start eating healthy and moderate you're moods.
Exercise.

Check out MeetUp online and see if there's any groups in you're area that you're interested in.
You could meditate. They have lots of guided meditations online. I meditate usually when I wake up.
Watch a movie/tv show or a anime that will make you laugh.

If I could suggested one anime for you to watch. Watch Golden Boy. That anime is hilarious!! XD and had me laughing the whole way through it.
Hope you start to feel better.

Good choice. Give it up. Look within. Others are busy trying to treat their own loneliness. But they basically do the same thing, to look for others. Loneliness is a state of mind. A result of mind. YOUR loneliness is a result of YOUR mind. Only you are responsible for what happens to your mind. If you start thinking like that, you will cure loneliness.

Harpuia said:

Hello Harpuia. I have been looking for friends as well. I want you to know that I found some, the friendship doesn't last enough or they have pervert intentions. If you need a friend, be aware that not all the ones you find are going to be exactly as you expect, but even though that is a risk, I encourage you to keep looking, you will eventually find the right ones. You can start with me: * mod edit - email removed. This is a public forum so for your own safety it is best not to post your personal email address, thanks.*

Latest posts

Back