Still lonly in this forum

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
P

pinocio

Is there anyone who's still lonly in this forum or don't have any friend ?

I have friends here, yet I still feel lonely. I have a few internet friends, but because I have none outside of the internet and have no one around me to really interact with I still just feel lonely.

I do occasionally, but it is getting better. It's nice to have online friends, but it's not quite the same as in real life. I hope that things get better for you guys as well.

I've been on and off the forum for a few years. Sometimes I was lonely, sometimes not. A forum is good for discussion and checking in but may not create close friendships. A better workplace and a group I play games with helped a lot in terms of people to talk to.

haywud said:
I have friends here, yet I still feel lonely. I have a few internet friends, but because I have none outside of the internet and have no one around me to really interact with I still just feel lonely.

Makes perfect sense. Any ideas on how to make friends offline?

I have met more people that I actually like than I generally do in the real world .it's really easier for met to get to know people online than off.I don't have to worry about inhibiting social factors like gender ,race ,and also status .an online friend is available whenever you need them ,even they are 'invisible ' we can stil talk with them.
But real life friend have things to do ,we can make plans with our real life friend and we can hang out together.A real life friend know you the best and aren't afraid to tell you about yourself.

It's been few month that my childhood friend left me. I still want her to be my friend ,but it's seems she's not coming back ,she's too busy in her life .I don't have any other real life friend.

Restless soul said:
haywud said:

I wish I knew. I don't get out enough to meet anyone, then throw in anxiety and yeah it's just not going to happen.

haywud said:
Restless soul said:
haywud said:

I wish I knew. I don't get out enough to meet anyone, then throw in anxiety and yeah it's just not going to happen.
I am the same. I try to go to starbucks just to get out. 
But that is not everyone's thing sitting in starbucks.
I don't particulary meet people there. But you are around others doing thier own thing and most are alone. So you see others alone which helps you deal a bit. And there is always coffee which takes the edge off for me.

pinocio said:

I won't say I am lonely on this forum, however it's true I am not very active here. I have had some interactions with some people here but I have never had friends.

Sun35 said:
pinocio said:

I won't say I am lonely on this forum, however it's true I am not very active here. I have had some interactions with some people here but I have never had friends.

Feel free to p.m me ,if you would like to.

niceguysfinishlast said:
Most of the people I befriend on here ultimately leave. I nearly left ALL last year because of that.

Sometimes people who leave the forum stay on the chatroom. If that helps.

niceguysfinishlast said:
TheRealCallie said:
niceguysfinishlast said:
Most of the people I befriend on here ultimately leave. I nearly left ALL last year because of that.

I keep in touch with several people who have left the forum.

Is Amy one of them? :)

She who shall not be named shouldn't be discussed (wary)  :club: :p

I'm still knew to this forum and I really don't get on much, But I'm still trying to make friends. but I can tell ya everyone I have talk to is Nice and supportive and It is a welcome relief sometimes. but that is not to say I haven't made friends on here.

Yep. It's why I don't come on here very often anymore. It's difficult to maintain interest in coming here when nobody seems very interested in making contact. It often feels like this forum is really for people who have chosen to be alone, rather than for people who are lonely and want to make friends, but, that's my experience and opinion anyway, I might well be wrong.

Cucuboth said:
Yep. It's why I don't come on here very often anymore. It's difficult to maintain interest in coming here when nobody seems very interested in making contact. It often feels like this forum is really for people who have chosen to be alone, rather than for people who are lonely and want to make friends, but, that's my experience and opinion anyway, I might well be wrong.

Have you made an effort to try and talk to people? You can message me if you want. There is also the chatroom which I would recommend.

Latest posts

Back