Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Places you go to feel better
I have a bridge.
Well, okay, it's not MY bridge, but when I walk home from work, the 2 hours or so it takes me, there's a place I stop by to reflect on life, overlooking the old railroad, with a nice view of the city, especially in winter when there are no leafs on trees. First stopped there about 30 years ago and loved the view, still go there now when I'm feeling down. It helps me to remember that there's still so much out there...
I used to really enjoy driving around with a cup of coffee. But recently I have been suffering caffeine sensitivity and that makes it so I can't really have a steaming cup of joe with me anymore. There are alternatives such as decaf.. but it isn't the same.
(06-18-2017, 11:47 PM)EmilyFoxSeaton Wrote: I used to really enjoy driving around with a cup of coffee. But recently I have been suffering caffeine sensitivity and that makes it so I can't really have a steaming cup of joe with me anymore. There are alternatives such as decaf.. but it isn't the same.

I'm curious; caffeine sensitivity?
In the last few years I've upped my coffee consumption more than before. At about the same time, I started having some real intense "allergic reactions"; I'll have something that looks like hives suddenly start and as soon as I pop a Reactine, it stops.
Are those the symptoms of caffeine sensitivity? The internet is surprisingly sparse on the subject.
The only real way to find out is to cut out the caffeine and see if it gets better.

I can't have caffeine anymore either, but it's likely for a different reason.
Want to talk?  Check out the CHAT ROOM 

[Image: Quotefancy-19173-3840x2160.jpg?resize=1165%2C655&ssl=1]
(06-20-2017, 12:45 AM)Richard_39 Wrote:  I started having some real intense "allergic reactions"; I'll have something that looks like hives suddenly start and as soon as I pop a Reactine, it stops.
Are those the symptoms of caffeine sensitivity? The internet is surprisingly sparse on the subject.

No. Sounds like an allergy.

Caffeine sensitivity or intolerance is having the caffeine have a greater effect. So if when you were twenty it took 4 cups to make you shake now it just takes one.  

It is apparently common as you get older. But I have sound some information that it is related to not having sufficient glucose stores.
Oh, I see. Okay, definately nothing to do with me lol. I can drink a cup and sleep 10 minutes later, so I guess it's unrelated ;-)
Thank you both for the info, ladies.
I always find the cinema quite soothing. Sure, the buying a ticket alone part is pretty crappy. Once you're settled and the film starts though, I can just forget for a little. It's nice.
Bed.
[Image: pp15Ma0.gif]
(06-21-2017, 03:52 AM)orca89 Wrote: I always find the cinema quite soothing. Sure, the buying a ticket alone part is pretty crappy. Once you're settled and the film starts though, I can just forget for a little. It's nice.

I used to but the cost is insane and the local cinema changed to one of those luxury ones with like 10 seats in the theater. What I used to like was the way the dark space enveloped me. Now there are so many people around it can't. Also, what is with the price tag? I went to see Wonder Woman and it was $15.00 for the ticket and $15.00 for the popcorn. OMG!
(06-21-2017, 09:58 AM)EmilyFoxSeaton Wrote: I used to but the cost is insane and the local cinema changed to one of those luxury ones with like 10 seats in the theater. What I used to like was the way the dark space enveloped me. Now there are so many people around it can't. Also, what is with the price tag? I went to see Wonder Woman and it was $15.00 for the ticket and $15.00 for the popcorn. OMG!

I'm not quite sure how $ relate to £ but I agree it it far too expensive to go often! I haven't seen Wonder Woman yet. Is it worth watching?
The game in my town is to sneak food in without them knowing... once I saw a family with a full McDonald's meal!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Does anyone else feel this way? ITellYouHhwut 5 330 04-16-2019, 10:59 PM
Last Post: Richard_39
  How do you feel now compared to when you joined? jetsuo 93 17,718 03-15-2019, 12:52 PM
Last Post: HorseLatitudes
  I need help. I feel invisible to women. Tachyonprince 10 677 02-27-2019, 12:33 PM
Last Post: sriguhan
  Does anyone ever feel deprived of physical contact? hewhowalksalone 33 1,209 02-06-2019, 11:29 PM
Last Post: Jessicat
  Anyone else feel like they are always the one that doesn't belong? DeadImaginaryFriends 66 14,185 01-12-2019, 08:08 AM
Last Post: VanillaCreme
  I feel invisible SomethingOriginal 4 639 11-17-2018, 08:45 AM
Last Post: DeepTxWater
  i feel like im avoided as if im carrying a disease clover4you 8 1,300 10-04-2018, 08:48 AM
Last Post: TammyLynn1972
  You gotta ask yourself one question....do you feel lucky? Richard_39 8 1,807 05-05-2018, 05:13 PM
Last Post: kamya
  Does anyone feel closer to a higher power due to their loneliness? mattsmom 30 5,677 05-01-2018, 03:25 PM
Last Post: sometimesthewolf
  Is there any thing I can do or say to make you feel better? Seahorse 10 1,816 12-20-2017, 01:25 AM
Last Post: Volt