Hello all

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sky.

Reaction score
I'm a 26 year old European (btw, what's the demographics here, am I way too old to be here?). I joined because I have felt a bit disconnected this last year. About a year ago my almost 5 years long relationship crashed and burned and ever since then there's this giant hole in my life. I have friends, or more like "friends" - a lot of people I can hang out with and have fun with, but no one to really connect with, no one for the deep type of conversations, no one to call at any time and just let it all out. And I miss that, so I thought maybe letting stuff out on a forum would help.

I love books, good series and movies, I adore cosy rainy days, I am a tea lover and I as well appreciate coffee, though I do not drink it as often. 
I love waking up in the morning, looking through the window and seeing all the little red roofs around me. It's charming.
I love travelling. Not running from one monument to another, but rather getting a bit lost and really soaking in the atmosphere.
I am also an avid dog lover, they brighten up my day.
So that's it for this short intro. Lovely to meet you all.

Hi there
You're most welcome here.
You can share your loneliness freely here ,cuz it's only matter here .we are here to listen you and we can try our best to makes you less lonly.and I am sorry to hear about your relationship ,but don't worry you will be fine. everything will be alright.
*hug*

well im 33 (and also a new member on this forum) so thanks for making me feel super old around these parts.

my longest relationship was 5 years (as well?) and it also crashed and burned so I guess you can say I understand what you are going through. If its somewhere between hating them and wishing you never met while AT THE SAME TIME still wanting them back and never letting go - yea I can say we're from the same cut.

I would like to hear your story if you make a post - or if you want to PM me

As far as I can tell, there's no definite demographic here. ALL really is for all lol. I had my marriage of almost four years fall apart on me so I sort of relate. It's rare to develop such a connection with person that you start to believe you won't find it again but you will. I'm sure you'll find as I did that this forum and the people here are pretty helpful with that. Welcome to ALL, where you can PM just about anyone if you need to vent lol

pinocio said:
Hi there
You're most welcome here.
    You can share your loneliness freely here ,cuz it's only matter here .we are here to listen you and we can try our best to makes you less lonly.and I am sorry to hear about your relationship ,but don't worry you will be fine. everything will be alright.
*hug*

Thank you for your kind words :)

mofmofmof said:
well im 33 (and also a new member on this forum) so thanks for making me feel super old around these parts.

my longest relationship was 5 years (as well?) and it also crashed and burned so I guess you can say I understand what you are going through. If its somewhere between hating them and wishing you never met while AT THE SAME TIME still wanting them back and never letting go - yea I can say we're from the same cut.

I would like to hear your story if you make a post - or if you want to PM me

Sorry, didn't mean to make anyone feel old, I just wanted to know, if only teenagers were hanging around here, or older people as well  :D
Yeah you described that pretty spot on, except I didn't really hate him, but I do have a lot of anger inside me (sometimes towards myself, sometimes towards him). And sometimes I do wish I had never met him, but then I remember that if it wasn't for that, I wouldn't be the same person I am today.
Well my story is really not that exciting. We met for the first time when I was going to study abroad, so we weren't even from the same country, which made things difficult from the start. Constant travel between countries, having to arrange the travel plan, covering the costs of flying, not seeing each other for months...etc. It wasn't easy to begin with. But then he moved to my country for longer than a year and we lived together. And after I was done with my study I moved to Scotland and then England with him, where we also lived for like a year and a half or something. So we did have a life together, actually quite a few years that we lived together. But it was never set in stone which country we'd stay in. And then I had to go back to my home country (study and job related) and at that point I wasn't sure what would happen with us, so I asked him straight if he thinks we can still make this work, if it requires us to live apart for a while again. And I asked him to really reeeeeally think it through, because if this was the end for us I'd rather know it then. He said that no way, he'd do anything to keep us together (because until that point I was the one, who was putting more into relationship - always making plans ahead and searching for cheap flights for both...etc. it seemed he was just going more with the flow, not thinking ahead much) and that this time he'd really step up. So I felt reassured, I really trusted him and felt secure and safe in a relationship. And then, 2 months later, when we saw each other, he was acting like everything was fine for 10 days straight, and then the night before he had a flight he dumped me. Said we were growing apart. Needless to say it came as a huge huge shock and I felt very betrayed. I never even got the closure that I needed so much, because to this day I still don't know what exactly was the final trigger and what really went wrong. After he dumped me, in a span of 2 weeks, 3 of my ill relatives died. Thing is, he knew that they were ill and didn't have long and not once after a break up has he asked me how they were doing. It seemed like he just turned a switch off, and even though he spent almost 5 years claiming I was the love of his life, suddenly he didn't give a sh*t anymore. Anyway, that was probably the hardest month of my life and it took a long time for me to start getting over it.
I'd also be interested in your story, if you feel like sharing :)

trueth said:
As far as I can tell, there's no definite demographic here. ALL really is for all lol. I had my marriage of almost four years fall apart on me so I sort of relate. It's rare to develop such a connection with person that you start to believe you won't find it again but you will. I'm sure you'll find as I did that this forum and the people here are pretty helpful with that. Welcome to ALL, where you can PM just about anyone if you need to vent lol
Sounds good, people seem nice here :)

Hello and welcome to ALL Sky, and the same goes for you mofmofmof,

26 is no where near too old to be here, people off all ages are to be found, i'm 33 myself and from the Netherlands, pleased to meet you!
See you around!

Thank you :)
Netherlands, awesome :D always wanted to go. As people stereotypically say - country of tulips, weed and very tall people :D

Sky. said:
Netherlands, awesome :D always wanted to go. As people stereotypically say - country of tulips, weed and very tall people :D

All 3 can be found here plentyful ;) at 1.85 i'm pretty average height :p
Also do not forget about cheese, windmills and woodenshoes!

MisterLonely said:
Sky. said:

Haha no way, I really gotta see that country, would be nice to be surrounded by taller people for a change :D
I didn't know you guys were known for cheeses as well? I thought your main famous food were waffles :D
oh yeah, I know about the wooden shoes. They're part of the national costumes, aren't they?  Trying to walk in those must be a nightmare though :D

Sky. said:
MisterLonely said:
Sky. said:

Haha no way, I really gotta see that country, would be nice to be surrounded by taller people for a change :D
I didn't know you guys were known for cheeses as well? I thought your main famous food were waffles :D
oh yeah, I know about the wooden shoes. They're part of the national costumes, aren't they?  Trying to walk in those must be a nightmare though :D

I've actually never had wooden shoes, and never will, we have stroopwaffles which are good i'd say, but it's the belgians that are known for their waffles really! How tall are you ?  I have a sister that is taller than I am, she used to feel eally self conscious about it but now, she's tall but not super-tall for a women.

MisterLonely said:
Sky.
MisterLonely said:
Sky. said:

I've actually never had wooden shoes, and never will, we have stroopwaffles which are good i'd say, but it's the belgians that are known for their waffles really! How tall are you ?  I have a sister that is taller than I am, she used to feel eally self conscious about it but now, she's tall but not super-tall for a women.

You never will? What have the poor wooden shoes ever done to you?  :D 
Oh yeah STROOPwaffles, I knew the name was a bit different. I actually had those before, they're nice (They were store bought here though, so I have no idea how close to the original they actually were).
I'm 1.75, which for a woman is pretty freaking tall I'd say. Really, your sister is taller? That's quite interesting really.  :D yeah I can understand she'd sometimes feel a bit self conscious, but at least she lives in a country with one of the tallest (if not THE tallest?) population in the world  :p

o/ welcome.

I think the oldest person on here is in their 50's - 60's if I remember rightly, and the youngest I saw was someone who I think was like 14, so you're definitely not too old to be on here. I'm 30, uk

Sounds good, I like that there's all sorts of people here :)
I love UK, one of my favourite countries <3 The people, the amazing football culture, nature, little old villages and amazing cities that are just bursting with atmosphere. And the pubs. One cannot forget about all the great pubs :D

Sky. said:
I'm a 26 year old European (btw, what's the demographics here, am I way too old to be here?). I joined because I have felt a bit disconnected this last year. About a year ago my almost 5 years long relationship crashed and burned and ever since then there's this giant hole in my life. I have friends, or more like "friends" - a lot of people I can hang out with and have fun with, but no one to really connect with, no one for the deep type of conversations, no one to call at any time and just let it all out. And I miss that, so I thought maybe letting stuff out on a forum would help.

I love books, good series and movies, I adore cosy rainy days, I am a tea lover and I as well appreciate coffee, though I do not drink it as often. 
I love waking up in the morning, looking through the window and seeing all the little red roofs around me. It's charming.
I love travelling. Not running from one monument to another, but rather getting a bit lost and really soaking in the atmosphere.
I am also an avid dog lover, they brighten up my day.
So that's it for this short intro. Lovely to meet you all.

Hello and welcome to the forum. Hope you will have a nice time here.

Latest posts

Back