Hormones leading me to doing stupid stuff

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bubblez

Reaction score
I've been extremely hormonal these past few years and honestly they've been controlling me.

I'm like a different person almost. I feel like Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde sometimes. It's disruptive to my life, where I need to hop into bed every so often to relieve myself, and makes me sad when I do because of how I act. Once I come back into the real world, I regret it and it fuels my already low self-esteem. I get scared as well in case I've hurt anyone but it's like I don't care about the consequences when my hormones are running high. My "sober" self is left to pick up the pieces.

I'm writing this after a little scare that's happened to me because of this and I want to find some way to help control my hormones before I do more damage to myself and others.

I know this isn't the best place to put this but it's tearing me apart and I dread the moment my hormones flare up even a little.

That really sucks, Bubblez. It's been a while since I've been a teenager, and my memories of it are starting to fade. It sounds like you are doing the right things by going to bed when you need it, although you are still having problems. Maybe speaking with a doctor about would help? I'm not really sure. BTW, are you a girl or a guy? That might help me answer your question.

wallflower79 said:
That really sucks, Bubblez. It's been a while since I've been a teenager, and my memories of it are starting to fade. It sounds like you are doing the right things by going to bed when you need it, although you are still having problems. Maybe speaking with a doctor about would help? I'm not really sure. BTW, are you a girl or a guy? That might help me answer your question.

LOL I was going to respond but I didn't know. 

To me it sounds like it is a guy.  You should look up how to stabilize your hormones with food. I have felt out of control when I had too much progesterone.  I think estrogen can help with that.

I was going majorly coo-coo last year, sometimes for 10 days of PMS (what is probably PMDD) but then I was just all around nuts and out of control emotionally, lost ability to cope, embarrassed myself in front of my loved ones with unreasonable outbursts and emotions.  Turns out I have something funky going on with my ovaries that I had to go in and get a diagnosis for.  After googling myself into a tizzy I decided to do a holistic approach and try to balance everything out with diet and exercise.   Though I haven't done much in the way of diet, I exercise 4-6 times a week now and I am happy to say have returned, for the most part, to the realm of the sane and palatable.   Not sure if you're a girl or a guy either, but I would recommend getting a few blood tests or an ovary ultrasound if it applies to see if there's something wonky.  Might be a pituitary or thyroid issue too, so definitely worth checking out.  I did all of this without insurance so don't let anything stop you from getting to the root of your problem so you can take steps to getting better.  No point in being out of control emotionally if there are things you can do to balance out.  Good luck!

Latest posts

Back