New User

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I obviously can't say my real name, but I'm 45 and married to a man who...doesn't keep me at the top of his list of things to do. I don't have any real friends and often feel like the only person on the planet. I do have a son who lives with us, but he's got his own things going on. I recently lost my mother, who was my friend and I miss her very much. I miss all of those I've lost over the years and I'm pretty much emotionally damaged, like my soul hurts. I also have a couple medical problems that cause me physical pain. I once, not long ago was part of "the rat race", working from the time my feet hit the floor at 7-whenever everything was done. Now, unable to do everything, I feel like I've been tossed aside. But I'm still here! Sometimes I want to scream it out loud, "I'm still here!" But no one answers. If anyone can get over that, I'll tell more of myself and I know what it's like needing someone to listen. I am capable of being quite funny, and artistic as well, but...who cares?

Welcome to the forums. I hope you find what you are looking for.

Hey welcome ,sorry about your mother.last year i lost my uncle too.i know how it's hurt when you lost someone you love.*hug*

don't worry ,i am a good listener ,you're in right place.
if you want to talk just p.m me.
:)

Welcome weeping willow,

You said you were once part of the "rat race", not even that long ago, I've seen a few people experience the same as you have, working hard all the time until something happened and suddenly they couldn't do that anymore, they fall into a hole and feel worthless for not contributing anymore.

You've done your part in contributing, I'd say focus on your artistic side, maybe that side was suppressed all those years in the race and can now blossom!

What kind off arts do you do?

MisterLonely said:
Welcome weeping willow,

You said you were once part of the "rat race", not even that long ago, I've seen a few people experience the same as you have, working hard all the time until something happened and suddenly they couldn't do that anymore, they fall into a hole and feel worthless for not contributing anymore.

You've done your part in contributing, I'd say focus on your artistic side, maybe that side was suppressed all those years in the race and can now blossom!

What kind off arts do you do?

Hi MisterLonely,
I made a big mistake by making my hobby/favorite thing my job. I once LOVED art, so I figured I'd get a job in Graphic Design. It seemed perfect at first, but as the years went by & I became head of the Art Department, it became just a tedious job that barely payed the bills. I ruined what I loved, now I have no desire for any of it. I spent the better part of my life serving in that and other areas (midwife) and now that I need help, I find myself constantly alone and in tears.

Celt said:
Hi WW thats a sad but beautiful user name you chose. I think we all care here.

Nice name you chose as well. I love practically anything Celtic. I used to wear a Celtic/ Irish cross for about 20 years until the day my mother died. I know that sounds so depressing-sorry!

Hey Weeping Willow, welcome to the forum. I'm sorry about your recent loss. I hope you find the strength to keep going despite missing her so much and going through all that you're going through. Perhaps you may find like-minded peeps here who can make you feel a little better if not much at least. Good luck and see you around!

Dear weeping willow ,welcome to the forum ..sorry to read about your mother who is no more ...RIP
Share your felling with us as we all are lonely loser who can't have friends in real world

L0ser0nceagain said:
we all are lonely loser who can't have friends in real world

We are not losers.  The only time you are a loser is if you choose to classify yourself as that, but even then, that doesn't mean you are a loser, you just view yourself that way. 
Also, some people here do have friends in the real world.

TheRealCallie said:
L0ser0nceagain said:
we all are lonely loser who can't have friends in real world

We are not losers.  The only time you are a loser is if you choose to classify yourself as that, but even then, that doesn't mean you are a loser, you just view yourself that way. 
Also, some people here do have friends in the real world.
Yes I have few friends in real life but they only call me when they need something from me,when they get what they want from me then they leave me like they don't even know me ,actually they do this all the time. it's hurt ,but i never stop helping them.
I don't call them friend ,because they are mean to me.I used to have a true friend but it's my bad luck, she left me.

orangehighlighter said:

Hello there ,
welcome to this world O.H

orangehighlighter said:
Hello!

[size=small]Wanna tell me about yourself? Maybe a little bit? I don't have many buddies yet, I'm open for some talk. Being lonely can really hurt bad sometimes. Unlike other sites, you don't have to be happy with me 24/7. I know I'm not. Especially when I feel alone with other people in the room.[/size]

I don't know where else to post this tiny poll amongst you guys who've read this thread, so I'm just going to ask a question & give me an honest answer: Do you think it would be a bad idea (or would I sound like a total needy loser) to post some type of classified ad (lol) in my local paper saying something like, Married woman (or couple) seeking married couple to be friends and to hang out with in real life, should our online correspondence prove we have similar ages, interests and live closeby? Maybe to double date, bbq, etc. No swingers!
I know, not ready yet, but is the idea stupid? My husband thinks it is and that last line makes me laugh. I occassionally come up with a good one, but rarely with so little sleep. It's SO hard to find friends these days. When I was a kid, all I needed was a pack of gum! As a teen, a pack of cigs. Anyway, thank you each for listening & I hope you have a good weekend.

Weeping Willow said:
I don't know where else to post this tiny poll amongst you guys who've read this thread, so I'm just going to ask a question & give me an honest answer: Do you think it would be a bad idea (or would I sound like a total needy loser) to post some type of classified ad (lol) in my local paper saying something like, Married woman (or couple) seeking married couple to be friends and to hang out with in real life, should our online correspondence prove we have similar ages, interests and live closeby? Maybe to double date, bbq, etc. No swingers!
I know, not ready yet, but is the idea stupid? My husband thinks it is and that last line makes me laugh. I occassionally come up with a good one, but rarely with so little sleep. It's SO hard to find friends these days. When I was a kid, all I needed was a pack of gum! As a teen, a pack of cigs. Anyway, thank you each for listening & I hope you have a good weekend.

Hey WW, 

I don't think it's a bad idea at all, and to be honest probably only other lonely couples would respond to that.
Being that kids don't really read papers anymore these days, you'll probably won't get a huge number of prank calls. The "no swingers" clause is a smart move as well, although you're sure to get more responses without it :p

Good luck, let me know how things work out!

I think if I posted an ad like that it would make me feel nervous, as I couldn't be sure of the true motives of the people who replied. Thats a gut feeling I would be having for sure. I understand some will see things differently.

Any clubs or hobby groups which might be of interest near you?

Latest posts

Back