Cop was a little rude. felt depressed after

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
TheRealCallie said:
Was the cop actually rude or did you just interpret that he was based on your own issues?
Hard to say. I don't know. A previous commenter said that they talk to everyone in a curt abrupt manner. Again. I can't know that. In my opinion he was. Then again I am not used dealing well with authority figures. Couple that with my previous threads, and callie it should make sense. But. Was he over the line rude? Not really, because afterall it was just a warning and i didn't get a ticket.
And i felt this law, rule is not so well Understood anyhow where a warning is the right way. They should have signs posted so people don't make this mistake. Instead of them like making it like a trap. Sitting there and waiting for people to screw up. Know what I mean? They were just sitting on this entrance waiting for people who cut. 
Yes, I can see how it's the law/rule.

Restless soul said:
My larger point with the pitbull example was
That I large part of the pitbull behavior is due to the
Environment now when you take that do that was already raised and conditioned in that poor environment and put him into a calmer one, it won't really help at that point. The psychological damage was done. Add to that genetic components with a human. And it's pretty hard to for that tiger to change it's stripes. I threw in another animal

I understand what you're saying and what you mean. But you're not an animal incapable of changing itself. If you simply don't want to, that's fine. I'll never say that someone has to change. They certainly don't. But you do have the capacity for it.

VanillaCreme said:
Restless soul said:
My larger point with the pitbull example was
That I large part of the pitbull behavior is due to the
Environment now when you take that do that was already raised and conditioned in that poor environment and put him into a calmer one, it won't really help at that point. The psychological damage was done. Add to that genetic components with a human. And it's pretty hard to for that tiger to change it's stripes. I threw in another animal

I understand what you're saying and what you mean. But you're not an animal incapable of changing itself. If you simply don't want to, that's fine. I'll never say that someone has to change. They certainly don't. But you do have the capacity for it.

You are correct. Are conscious and aware of our actions, unlike an animal. But ingrained negative traits are extremely hard to change.

You need to work on not putting a negative spin on what people say to you. The cop probably wasn't as rude and curt as you thought he was, just like someone comparing you to someone else shouldn't be taken as an insult.
Again, it's your job to know the laws, they won't always be posted.

TheRealCallie said:
You need to work on not putting a negative spin on what people say to you.  The cop probably wasn't as rude and curt as you thought he was, just like someone comparing you to someone else shouldn't be taken as an insult.  
Again, it's your job to know the laws, they won't always be posted.

Callie there are times when maybe it's not an insult on their part. Or they are not rude. But it still messes with the mind. The negative spin as you say. But it's deeper than that

Restless soul said:
You are correct. Are conscious and aware of our actions, unlike an animal. But ingrained negative traits are extremely hard to change.

Extremely difficult, most definitely. But not impossible. Little by little, step by step, it's possible. When I changed horrid behaviors of my own, I ingrained my own thoughts of the fact that I couldn't complain if I refused to change.

VanillaCreme said:
Restless soul said:

Extremely difficult, most definitely. But not impossible. Little by little, step by step, it's possible. When I changed horrid behaviors of my own, I ingrained my own thoughts of the fact that I couldn't complain if I refused to change.
How do you know you can really change. You can feel up one day. And then just when you think you are immune to comments etc..you realize you are not. 

My theory is that if I feel the same each time it's because I am still just as alone and empty and nothing positive happened to me inbetween each experience. So there is no positive to counter what I perceive to be negative. True or not. Can't think of example right now

Restless soul said:
How do you know you can really change. You can feel up one day. And then just when you think you are immune to comments etc..you realize you are not. 

My theory is that if I feel the same each time it's because I am still just as alone and empty and nothing positive happened to me inbetween each experience. So there is no positive to counter what I perceive to be negative. True or not. Can't think of example right now

My issue wasn't comments. I've never cared about what people say to me or about me. I can brush **** near anything off. My issue was the fact that I was snappy and quite bitchy sometimes. And I just didn't want to continue to be like that. It's unnecessary, so I wanted to not be like that all the time. Now, I'm only a hefty ***** when I need to be, and that's becoming far and few in between, too.

Only you can figure out what's best for you. No one else can solve that for you. But I can tell you that you probably won't see a 180 turnaround after one time. It's a continuous change. The small things that matter. It starts with one realization that you don't have to take offense to something someone says, regardless of upbringing or habitual behaviors. Then it begins to snowball into something more. But you also have to make that choice to want to be different than you are now. Recognizing that there may be an issue with your reactions isn't enough. And like I said for myself, you can't really complain about anything if you refuse to change it.

Latest posts

Back