The audacity!!

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EveWasFramed

Reaction score
As many of you know, there are recurring issues with my step children , husband and his ex wife. 
You may also recall that she often asks my husband if the boys can stay longer than they're scheduled to, even when my husband won't be here. He always says yes. They leave me out completely, except for being the person who has to keep an eye on them of course. And we all know what happened the last time she did it - the youngest wrecked his car getting to school that Monday morning (he'd stayed here Sunday night because she was on another of her mini vacations). 
So...I get a text from her a few minutes ago, asking if it would be OK if the boys stayed here Sunday night, instead of them going home at six, per the agreement. She said that she had an opportunity to go out of town this coming weekend and could I keep the boys and take the young one to school (a thirty minute drive and my daughter and I having to wake up an hour earlier) on Monday and then pick him up from school (another 30 minute drive) and have both boys here with me until she gets them Monday evening (no time given). She has done this so many times without even asking me. And I know the only reason she's bothering to ask me instead of my husband, is because she needs me to drop and pick up from school, so that will require my cooperation.  Also, I've asked her for WEEKS to confirm the summer visitation schedule and she simply won't do it. School is out in less than two weeks. 

What do you think of such a request?

I think that she is taking advantage of your good nature and that you should put your foot down. Such people do not change on their own, I feel, and I would be wary to do anymore favors for her, but that is just my opinion. I don't think that things will get better otherwise, Eve.

wallflower79 said:
I think that she is taking advantage of your good nature and that you should put your foot down. Such people do not change on their own, I feel, and I would be wary to do anymore favors for her, but that is just my opinion. I don't think that things will get better otherwise, Eve.

Thanks, WF. I probably shouldn't have, but I agreed to let them stay the extra night and to drop the young one off at school and the older one to pick up their mom's car (where she works). I told her I had too much to get done on Monday, to have to pick up from school and babysit until she decided to come and get them. She kept pushing for me to bring them back here after school but I kept telling her no.

Invoice her for any fuel, food, and other costs incurred outside of the agreed visitation times.

As the poster above said, she's blatantly taking advantage of you - don't let her. Next time, say no. Why should you be the one to always try to accommodate everyone, while she can't even be bothered to respond to your requests? It's BS, I wouldn't put up with it.

EveWasFramed said:
Thanks, WF. I probably shouldn't have, but I agreed to let them stay the extra night and to drop the young one off at school and the older one to pick up their mom's car (where she works). I told her I had too much to get done on Monday, to have to pick up from school and babysit until she decided to come and get them. She kept pushing for me to bring them back here after school but I kept telling her no.

That's good! Stand your ground.

EveWasFramed said:
[size=medium]I am very sorry! There are stories about ex-wives not allowing ex-husbands to see their children enough. I am sorry that, in your case, the ex-wife seems to use you repeatedly and get away with it! It’s not fair that you are being treated the way you are. Unfortunately, many of us are dealing with big difficulties and problems and it can be hard to know what to do that will work. Maybe you could get some professional guidance for some help. There are specific rules and boundaries that need to be implemented and reinforced appropriately and effectively. My hope is that God will help you.[/size]

I say you punch that sack of rotten potatoes right in the face...

problem solved!

and call her a silly name afterwards.  Like, try to insult her, lol, but use something completely weird and not insulting that makes you just look like a 3rd grader trying to insult some one.  Then she'll have a nice sharp shocking pain interrupted by a brief confusion that just leaves her feeling sorry for you.

lol, just punch her face and then yell at her, "Your such a philanthropist!" Then storm off, but trip by accident, and then get up and try to pretend like you didn't just trip after calling some one a philanthropist after punching their face, cause you didn't trip, you meant to do that.

Damnit!

HisDaughter said:
EveWasFramed said:
[size=medium]I am very sorry! There are stories about ex-wives not allowing ex-husbands to see their children enough. I am sorry that, in your case, the ex-wife seems to use you repeatedly and get away with it! It’s not fair that you are being treated the way you are. Unfortunately, many of us are dealing with big difficulties and problems and it can be hard to know what to do that will work. Maybe you could get some professional guidance for some help. There are specific rules and boundaries that need to be implemented and reinforced appropriately and effectively. My hope is that God will help you.[/size]

Thank you, HD. <3

TropicalStarfish said:
I say you punch that sack of rotten potatoes right in the face...

problem solved!

and call her a silly name afterwards.  Like, try to insult her, lol, but use something completely weird and not insulting that makes you just look like a 3rd grader trying to insult some one.  Then she'll have a nice sharp shocking pain interrupted by a brief confusion that just leaves her feeling sorry for you.

lol, just punch her face and then yell at her, "Your such a philanthropist!" Then storm off, but trip by accident, and then get up and try to pretend like you didn't just trip after calling some one a philanthropist after punching their face, cause you didn't trip, you meant to do that.

Damnit!

LOL, Troppie. I don't think that would solve the problem, but it sure as hell did make me laugh!  :p

I guess it's fortunate that there will be five hours distance between us in about two more weeks. Hopefully it will be more difficult to manipulate us once we're GONE.

Latest posts

Back