In a rut

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tawnygirl

Reaction score
I have been married for 24 years, and its been miserable. My parents divorced when I was very young, so of course I wanted something different for my child. After that, life just went on by. My husband is a liar and a cheat. He's cheated so many times, and I just let it go. Now, at this time in my life I just can't deal with it anymore. My regrets, wish I would have left a long time ago. My husband is away most of the time due to his job, so we are like strangers. When he comes home, I am so glad when he leaves. When he is home, he's usually on his phone. I feel so alone and miserable. I have cried so many times there is nothing left to cry about. I have never met someone that is so cold. I know that I am a beautiful woman, but around him I feel like I'm not. I have guys that flirt with me a lot, even young ones, lol. It's just sad that my husband makes me feel this way. I am hoping to find some friends that really would like to get to know me. Being lonely puts me in a place I don't like to be in. When you want to be comforted, and someone just walks away you  just feel the lowest. I don't want to tell my kids they are grown with their  own lives now. So, this is my story, and hope to meet some great people.

I am sorry Tawny ,
reading your story making me tell you that you're very brave ,strong person ,for your own and for your children and I can say your present and your future will be brighter.
good luck ,hope you will found what you're looking for .
:)

I can relate to most of what you said up there.
Chances are good that your children know you aren't happy. If you want out, I totally recommend leaving. Start over, make yourself happy, you deserve it.

Feel free to PM me if you just want to rant about things.

There are two things you can do here, talk to your husband and try to work things out like adults, or leave.
You're not happy where you are, you should go somewhere where you will be happy. If the man you're with isn't making you happy, isn't fulfilling your desires emotionally or physically and is abusing your trust again and again...

If you want things to work out with him, you need to talk to him about it, you need to tell him everything you've told us and you two need to work together to try and fix things... This is of course, assuming that you actually WANT to work things out with him, it sounds like you're past that point.
The second option is to leave. You're never too young to start again, and your happiness is paramount especially if your children have moved out of home and they're old enough to understand relationships can have a happy ending -- even if that happy ending means their parents splitting up if it makes them both happy. YOU live your life, your husband doesn't live YOUR life and your children don't live YOUR life. You only get one, you should be happy with as much of it as possible.

No one deserves to be trapped in a relationship where their partner abuses their trust, doesn't tell their partner how beautiful they are.

Latest posts

Back