I practically aired it all out on facebook

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MissLonely79

Reaction score
I broke, told my story of abuse and trials. the pain is too deep. 36 years is too long to keep it inside. Did I do wrong?

Who can read it? The people closest to you or absolutely everyone. It might help if your nearest and dearest know exactly how you feel.

Did you do wrong? No, of course not. Could you have aired it in a more constructive way....yeah, probably.

But, what's done is done. While you can still delete it, some people will have seen it already. So it's out there. Is there any kind of fallout that can come from you posting it? If there is, all you can do is damage control.

You made the decision to post it, to get it out, which ultimately is a good thing, because you shouldn't keep all that bottled up inside you. I wouldn't stress about it. Maybe someone that loves you will have not known and can help you through it now. Do you feel better, now that you've gotten it out? That's really all that matters.

We have all made mistakes, I know I have probably like 10 times on the Internet.
If it made you feel better than I don't see what is wrong with it. If friends care, then they are true friends

The average internet-goer these days has about a 1-3 minute attention-span at best. You'll be fine.
TL;DR
The average internet-goer these days has about a 1-3 minute attention-span at best. You'll be fine.

(not my intention to trivialize; just pointing out some of the odds that are in your favor)

I think it's better that you go it out, rather than bottling it in. If you feel anxious about it still being posted, you can always delete it and post it somewhere else where you do feel safe. There's a few sites where you can post about that kind of thing and they'll be very understanding and supportive. I myself have been abused so I completely understand. My heart goes out to you. Please stay safe!

*big hugs*

Latest posts

Back