Please help! Confused..

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Osiris

Reaction score
My plan b has failed. Let me give you a little background. I'm mixed race and grew up just me and my mum on an estate struggling to survive day to day. By the time I was 11 I'd seen my first psychologist for Anxiety and Depression. When I was a kid I used too always say "If everything f*cks up here, I can just move abroad and go live with my dad" well everything messed up! So long story short I've moved in with my dad in a country I can't even speak the language, he bellitles everything I do and loves taking the p*ss out of me at every opportunity. My dad has never got my mental health issues today when trying explain my Anxiety to him (Haven't seen him in 3 years) his reply was "if you feel like that here I'll punch you, then you'll be relaxed" can't believe I used to look up to him! Basically it's been less than a week and I don't want to go back home but I don't know what to do. Back home there's no work, here I've been offered two jobs in 3 days just sat around a pub doing nothing. I don't know whether to try and move out, or move away. Any ideas appreciated! This is my first thread so if you got to this point thank you for reading :)

With your anxiety, would you feel more comfortable moving out or away? I think that's the best question to ask yourself right now, then just make the best of whichever you choose.
Make a list of pros/cons of staying and going, see which one has more benefits for you.

Oh and welcome to the forum :)

TheRealCallie said:
With your anxiety, would you feel more comfortable moving out or away?   I think that's the best question to ask yourself right now, then just make the best of whichever you choose.  
Make a list of pros/cons of staying and going, see which one has more benefits for you.

Oh and welcome to the forum :)

Thanks Callie! So far the only pro's for staying is work and wifi lol x

Maybe you just gotta adjust and see how things work out. I mean this seems like a big change in your life and he turned out to be not as you expected it so it seems to be even worse for you. Change is always hard and if you really want a job maybe it's important to look into your priorities and think about what is more important to you - having a job or having an understanding parent around.
I would suggest to just wait a awhile and see what the situation looks like after it all gets a routine and then decide :)

Lumil said:
Maybe you just gotta adjust and see how things work out. I mean this seems like a big change in your life and he turned out to be not as you expected it so it seems to be even worse for you. Change is always hard and if you really want a job maybe it's important to look into your priorities and think about what is more important to you - having a job or having an understanding parent around.
I would suggest to just wait a awhile and see what the situation looks like after it all gets a routine and then decide :)

That's actually really good advice, thanks mate!

This might sound like terrible emotionless advice but I think you should stay. I know your dad isn't what you thought he was but his attitude about your anxiety and depression may force a situation that can help you overcome (or at least learn to deal with) them. Good luck I hope everything works out for you eventually.

Latest posts

Back