Ladies, if you don't like a guy please tell it to his face rather than ignoring him.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The same could be said to men.....

That said, you aren't entitled to an explanation. No one is. Yeah, it sucks, but it happens. Could you give a few more details about what happened?

I agree, though that's because I'm honest to a fault.

If I don't like someone, I'll tell it to their face. If I don't like a girl, I'll tell her because I would expect if the tables were turned, they would do the same.

Then again... Not everyone is like me, and it can be difficult to tell someone the harsh truth when it could hurt their feelings.

Ignis said:
I agree, though that's because I'm honest to a fault.

If I don't like someone, I'll tell it to their face. If I don't like a girl, I'll tell her because I would expect if the tables were turned, they would do the same.

Then again... Not everyone is like me, and it can be difficult to tell someone the harsh truth when it could hurt their feelings.

I am also this way. Ive learned that its important to also have tact. Unfortunately mine is in short supply.

And yeah both genders do this. Ah well. Like jen said they dont owe you anything. But you dont owe them anything either. Let the rage fly if it helps you. fresia em.

Women often say they fear men's reaction when turning them down.As is case with both men and women, they're usually just too lazy to be tactful about it and ghosting is the easier option, particularly when the communication is mainly via text/social media.

Yes, it's immature, inconsiderate, but as for bluntly stating something like "I'm not interested" to your face, that's a level of honesty a lot of people wouldn't be comfortable with.

No one has to explain why. It would be nice of them. But not necessary. I do agree, by the way, so I'm not saying it because I'm against the idea. Just that someone doesn't have to say they do or don't, or any reason why.

Like it or not, we are malleable creatures. But there are still societal norms that have been in place for a long time. They are deeply ingrained and (often) backed up my physiological truths.

If I'm not interested I do end up telling them in the end by how I feel.

In the past maybe I wasn't the best of coming out and saying it because I hate hurting people's feelings.

Now I try to tell them and if they seem hurt by it I still do feel bad about it. I just don't like leading people on and sometimes people get lead on because I'm really nice. That's just the way I am I guess and the way my mother brought me up. She always told me to be nice towards everyone in School and to not pick on people because it was mean. One day I remember I came home crying because a kid got pushed down in the sand at Recess. The next day I told my teacher and I remember the kid ending up becoming my good friend in the end.

If I catch a guy liking me and I don't feel the same, I end up stopping doing certain things for them because I seriously hate hurting people. I feel like crap in the end. =\

Ah, well my friend, everyone is different. Being ignored, or not talked to, hurts, but it's a part of the game you have to learn to deal with.
I'll give you a real quick example, several years ago, I met a REALLY awesome dudette where I worked. Beautiful, funny, intelligent, all the right qualities I enjoy. We used to chat all the time...until I offered her to have a drink after work. She completely stopped talking to me and wouldn't say hi to me in the corridors anymore. I was taken aback. It was only a year after she had left our work place that I was told that she was Scicilian and was apparently raised in such a way that only another Sicilian would date her. She could have said something, but didn't.
So, in the end...I shrugged my shoulders and moved on. She could, of course, have told me, but it wasn't her way and to me, it was her loss, because I can easily seperate friendship from romance and we could have talked to this day, because I like to keep in touch with my friends. Some I've known online yet never seen and we've talked for over 20 years lol.
It's a sad truth, but it's a truth nonetheless. You have to learn to deal with it and move on, as painful as it can be. There's also the fact that some people, men or women, go psycho-stalker when being rejected. It makes people afraid. I can understand that too.

i should really refrain from posting when feeling emo. lol<<not really lolling here.

but yeah, same thing for the guys.

i just thought a "sorry im not interested" would be enough. you know to keep a person from having his hopes up.

ive ignored a girl too before though. we were on a bus, we both knew we liked each other. but never spoke to each other before. we were both sitting on opposite sides of the bus. she called out my name. i was interrupted from my daydreaming. when i turned my head to see her, there was sunshine behind here head so all i could see was her silhouette. i thought "did she just call out my name? maybe im just dreaming". then looked out my window and continued on daydreaming......

i was so dumb.
that was way back in 9th grade.

i probably don't know why im being ignored now. but im sure she has a good excuse and not cruel one. well im not really sure but .... whatever.

Latest posts

Back