Life long dream at 20

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Osiris

Reaction score
When I was young I knew what I wanted to do, my dad was the manager of a restaurant and all i wanted to do was work with him. My teachers hated me because when they told me I needed a plan B I would tell them "when am I going to need math in a restaurant, we have a till" basically I was an arrogant little sh*t. But a few years ago out of nowhere my Dad lost his job because the b*stard that owned the place sold it without any warning. My dad nearly lost out on his pension, absolute scumbag this man had been a friend of my dad's for over 40 years.  This was actually one of the hardest times of my life because I basically gave up on my dream, and even made me doubt my own friends loyalty. because if you had seen my dad and this piece of sh*t you would've thought they'd been through a war together. But this year, my dad has risked everything and took a loan out from the bank and we're opening a family restaurant. We need to make this restaurant work. The family house is on the line. But I know we'll succeed because we both have the same dream. And I won't let it fail, and I know my dad won't either. Even if it kills us! So this year my dream comes true and it's opening in the next couple of weeks. I just wanted to let people know, your dream might look miles away but sometimes it just round the corner. Don't give up on your dream!

Hell yeah! Awesome, dude.
Ask for an employee rebate for when you feel like downing a few cold ones ;-)

Congratulations! That sounds so exciting.

What style of food/restaurant do you plan?

orca89 said:
Congratulations! That sounds so exciting.

What style of food/restaurant do you plan?

Thank you!! We just opened the other day! It's a Spanish style restaurant at the moment. Lots of alcohol, spanish meats, Burgers etc. My dad's quite old and will probably retire as soon as he can, but at the moment we need all hands on deck! He's implied I (and maybe my sisters) will own it in the future so if that ever happens the first thing I'm changing is the music! lol Thanks for asking.

Good luck and gratz!
Also, the music seems to be one of the things family members do want to change XD

Latest posts

Back