Shy or anti-social?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bagelboy

Reaction score
Today I was in the dining ahll at my school and I saw this cute girl sitting by herself. I thought she lookedkind of sad and lonely, so as I was in a friendly mood, I decided to go try and talk to her (which is usually very difficult for me to do since Iَam more or less the most awkward person ever, and know it). But, as it turns out, she wasnt sitting by herself because she is shy, but rather because she apparently hates everyone. So,I'm sure the answer is no, but do you think there is any way to tell the difference between shy and anti-social people? If so,itwould be very helpful for shy people, since talking to other shy people is maybe easier than usual, but talking to anti-social people is just terrible.

i don't know i can be pretty shy at first but then i can warm up to people, at times I'm anti-social

but manily i'm just cursed it seems I'd like to be friends only it seems not many people want to be friends with me

:(

She probibally hates everyone (like me) because most everyone is ignorant and/or shallow. You could go and prove to her that you aren't one of those people :D.

By the way welcome to the forums.

I would still try to talk to her. I find those people are interesting... and usually will open up if someone would just try.

I don't know that there is a way to tell the difference.
I can make a few guesses, though, based on my perceptions of shy and anti-social people.
I am told I am shy although I really am not. I think its my mannerisms. Avoiding eye contact, keeping convos short, looking at the ground, seeming absent in the world.
I can only assume an anti-social person would be overall normal as they probably are not shy. They don't want or need human contact so they have no reason to be shy about contact with them(strictly a guess).

Silence KId said:
well at least she's honest instead of pretending to be happy. I hate fake people.

There's a difference between being fake and not waring your heart on your sleeve. I like people that can hide there depression, and to be able to get on with things. i dont like when people make it blatantly obvious that they are sad, its almost like they like people seing them that way.

Oh and back on topic, i dont have the time for those type of people, if they want to give me the cold shoulder, then there not worth my time.

Latest posts

Back