Do you feel like a loser?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Azariah

Reaction score
You can talk about it here.

I feel like a loser. I'm just undisciplined. I should be sleeping right now. But my body isn't used to sleeping early so i get insomnia and I get mesmerized by the computer or television screen and spend hours on it until sunrise. And then the next day I suffer the consequences. Which is being too sleepy and not being to be as productive as I can. I have more reasons for feeling like a loser like socially, mentally, emotionally. Financially. 

I want to stop though.

Are you in a similar situation?

Yes, yes I do feel like a loser. I shouldn't be sleeping now since it's not even 2pm here, but my sleep is so messed up from all of my other problems that I feel like I should be going to sleep. My entire life consists of nothing but me staring at my computer screen since I have no life. I'm a complete loser socially as I have no friends outside of the internet, and only have maybe 2 or 3 true friends online anymore. Mentally I'm completely falling apart lately, my depression gets worse almost everyday it seems. I have severe break downs multiple times a day lately, plus they're getting more frequent and more serious all the time so as I'm sure you can tell emotionally I'm a complete wreck. Financially... well I don't even have a job or source of income so yeah complete loser when it comes to that. I can't push myself to do anything anymore, so I just suffer more and more because of it. I'm completely alone in this mess, and obviously can't handle it on my own.

I want to make new friends but my anxiety keeps me from really reaching out anymore. Plus when I do reach out or when someone reaches out to me I'm so socially awkward I ruin things all the time anyway. I'm pretty much a complete disaster. So yeah, I'm pretty much the definition of loser.

Occasionally. Although I know my current situation is also partly due to circumstances beyond my control, at work I'll occasionally feel like it because it's extrêmely complicated work I've never really done in my life. All things considered, I'm doing not to bad, but can't escape feeling like an utter moron on occasion.
All things considered, it's probably preferable to feeling like a God among Men. Too many of those pricks around these days.

I am a loser, by social standards. Microcosmically, if I conformed to current parameters of "normality", I'd probably be a lot happier. Existentially, I don't think any of it matters and I'll die anyway, but that doesn't really ease the burden of ego pain.

Idol Minos said:
 I have more reasons for feeling like a loser like socially, mentally, emotionally. Financially. 

I want to stop though.

Are you in a similar situation?

Kind of.  I don't know if I feel like a loser or not.  Some days I do, but other days I feel like I don't have to be.  I know that I used to feel like I was naturally a loser, much more than I do now.  But even though I am fighting that old belief, I am still afraid that it is true.  

Socially, I'm okay in some areas, not so good in others.  I have friends, even though it took a longer time than most to get there.  But, I don't have a girlfriend and every time I've tried it hasn't worked, even if I have a lot or at least a little in common with them and value some of the same things.  I've spent a lot of time trying to retrace my steps and figure out why.

Mentally, I don't know.  I was told I was a smart person growing up, and grouped in with the smart people.  I feel like I'm smart enough to not get caught up in certain things that would only cause problems for me.  But at the same time, I struggle with some things that others take for granted.

Emotionally, I get frustrated a lot due to my lack of winning in life.  I vent about it a lot.  I feel like if I truly was a smart person like I was told I was when I was younger, then I should be able to figure out what to do in order to win in life.  But I haven't been able to come up with anything that I feel would work.  

And financially I'm a wreck.  I don't know what the best path for me is or what's even possible for me anymore.  This is another area of life in which I'm afraid I'm just naturally a loser.  It's hard for me to throw myself into something that I'm only doing as a safety, and my heart's not really in it.  I really struggle to see any way things could go well for me financially, and I'm very afraid of this.  

At the same time as all that though, I look back on my life and I'm not sure what else I could have done in some areas.  I guess I could have done better in school, but beyond that, I don't know, especially socially.  There just weren't a lot of people around that I got along with, and I don't feel like it was ever really possible for me to be any kind of "man's man".  I didn't have the build for it and didn't come from that background.  And I like the interests I have, anyway.

Do I feel like a loser?  I don't know, but I do wish I felt more confident that I could do better, and exactly what to do.  I wish I could beat this old "stuck at the bottom/i suck at everything/untalented/unattractive" story once and for all.

TheSkaFish said:
Do I feel like a loser?  I don't know, but I do wish I felt more confident that I could do better, and exactly what to do.  I wish I could beat this old "stuck at the bottom/i suck at everything/untalented/unattractive" story once and for all.

You always say this but won't try any of the (mostly similar) advice that lots of people have given you. I wish you would for your sake.

I do a lot of the time. In my mind I will never be good enough. There are so many things I would like to change about myself, but don't know where to start.

I feel like a loser/bum for not being at somewhere in my life where I can take care of myself financially. I feel like it took me forever to even get to where I am at this point in my life education and career-wise, and now I'm stuck in a ruck that I can't get out of. Why am I so useless and stupid?

Pepperwood said:
I do a lot of the time. In my mind I will never be good enough. There are so many things I would like to change about myself, but don't know where to start.

I feel the same way.  There are so many things I want to change about myself too, but like you were saying, I feel overwhelmed by it.

I used to when I had major anxiety and depression issues that almost destroyed my entire life.

Now I just figure I am me, I have stuff I know that others don't. I can do some things others can't. I have a great deal of personal integrity knowing I'm always honest, have never hurt anyone on purpose, never done anything for personal gain that will put someone else down... You can build some confidence using these things.

...So I guess I can't be a complete loser...

No, but sometimes feel like a freak. I'm not what society would call 'normal' for my age and gender, I am not good in social situations and when some people know my history they keep me at arms length. But it's their problem and I am who I am. They can go on living in their bubble in ignorance. Sometimes it gets to me though.

I used to feel like a loser in every aspect of life, but I feel better about my job situation so that's good at least.

When it comes to everything else though, yes. I still feel like a complete loser.

Latest posts

Back