Do you feel like a loser?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just wanted to point out that today I feel like the Queen of Spain. As such, let's all leave feeling like a loser with the jailers for at least one day ;-)

In general, I think considering yourself a loser is yet another societal trap of people always comparing themselves and/or their lives with their neighbor's or the majority (keep up with the Jones' mentality). That will set yourself up to fail every time...nobody's life, values, beliefs, goals, dreams, standards, or abilities, is ever identical to another's. How one defines "loser" is as varied as how one defines "success". Funny how people tend to always want what they don't have or what others have...until they get it...

ftm0014 said:
In general, I think considering yourself a loser is yet another societal trap of people always comparing themselves and/or their lives with their neighbor's or the majority (keep up with the Jones' mentality). That will set yourself up to fail every time...nobody's life, values, beliefs, goals, dreams, standards, or abilities, is ever identical to another's. How one defines "loser" is as varied as how one defines "success". Funny how people tend to always want what they don't have or what others have...until they get it...

Wise words and something we could all keep in mind methinks.

Paraiyar said:
Right now, yeah I do. Need to change myself before it's too late.

What do you mean by too late? Why do you think that and what do you think is going to happen?

In some ways I feel like a loser. I feel like I'm a great person overall - a nice guy, loyal, considerate, but I have "loser" traits. I don't have many friends, I'm not the life of the party, I'm socially awkward, I'm not very talkative. So I suppose I'm socially a loser, but not in any other way.

I definitely feel like a loser because hell yeah I am a loser. I work at a low paying dead end job, I don't have any friends, all I have are my 3 dogs and my video games. I have this mentality that I can't do something and am so afraid of failure that I won't even try at things.

I've definitely lost. The only thing that makes it tolerable is the realization that I deserve the bad things in my life. It doesn't make it hurt less, but there's some kind of moral comfort to see my life as justice served.

I felt low before.

But you dont suffer from severe low self-esteem issues.

Severe low esteem can cause all kind of psychological problems such as depression, deviant behavior and other issues with personality.

I would even say it is dangerous having sever self-esteem issues.

Your activities arent bad. At least you enjoy doing what you do.
I limited activities that I can do to feel ecstatic.

I dont like watching movies, comedies, reading books, watching documentaries, reading news... nothing. But perhaps working out.

I felt like a loser for the longest time. And I still do from time to time. But I made some changes and still am. I can't imagine myself feeling like a winner every day in this world. But I definitely don't want to feel like a loser for the rest of my life. So my advice: don't feel like a loser, I admit sometimes we can't do anything about it, but sometimes we can. Winners don't just stand around, smiling and waving at their fans. They have to work hard. And sometimes they lose. It's part of the game. Losing/winning it's part of life. If you feel like a loser most of the time then try harder. I don't know much about sports, but I think when things aren't going their way they try something new, a new strategy, tactic, a new drill, a new exercise.

Hope you guys feel better. I know I sound like a motivational coach but no one's invincible. I'll probably feel down someday but I know I got to make that day feel like as short as possible. That's what I learned.

Latest posts

Back