I'm too afraid of failure

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

djdelarosa25

Reaction score
Long story short, I went to a school far away from home and the people were terrible. Bullies everywhere, no one took school seriously, etc. I ended up going back to my former school where my classmates were always competitive and disciplined. However, I've already missed about two weeks of their schoolwork (they started earlier) and I, being a consistent honor student in my previous years, will have to catch up and it's almost a guarantee that I will get low grades this semester. How do I cope up with failure as I am not used to doing so?​

How do you cope with it? Well, by knowing that you did your best. You can make up for it next semester. You will never be perfect, because that's impossible, but by doing the best you can with what you have to work with is all you can do.

What do you mean when you say low grades...Lower than your usual or low as in barely passing. You can always talk to your professors and see if there's anything you can do to get caught up or some extra credit or something along those lines. Can't hurt to ask, right?

TheRealCallie said:
What do you mean when you say low grades...Lower than your usual or low as in barely passing. You can always talk to your professors and see if there's anything you can do to get caught up or some extra credit or something along those lines. Can't hurt to ask, right?

Probably lower than usual. I never got any grades lower than the passing mark.

Yes, I will. I know some of the professors and they know me as well so I might get an opportunity.

Well, consider this the perfect opportunity to know how you deal with failiure. Quite honestly, dealing with failiure in a positive matter is a much more character building or discovering matter than dealing with success. It shows YOU, who YOU are as a person.
Never fear failiure. Stare it in the eye and challenge it. You'll become a better person for it.

djdelarosa25 said:
Long story short, I went to a school far away from home and the people were terrible. Bullies everywhere, no one took school seriously, etc. I ended up going back to my former school where my classmates were always competitive and disciplined. However, I've already missed about two weeks of their schoolwork (they started earlier) and I, being a consistent honor student in my previous years, will have to catch up and it's almost a guarantee that I will get low grades this semester. How do I cope up with failure as I am not used to doing so?​

Hello, I’m sorry to hear about your experiences with your pervious school. No one deserves to be bullied. I appreciate your strength. It’s understandable, as it is tough trying to catch up but this is not your fault as you moved. I would recommend talking to your teachers to see if they can help you get caught up or see what they can do about your workload. Also, your school counselor is there for those purposes and can offer advice. Write down the assignments for each class and do your best to complete these you can implement a plan to do this. I believe you will get caught up. I wish you the best during this academic year.

:)

Latest posts

Back