Hello.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
O

orca89

Hi everyone.

My name is Sam. I'm 28, female and from England.

I saw this forum and it looked like a friendly place for some good chat!

From the outside, people would think I don't have a lot to be miserable about. I had the privilege of a good education and now I have a job and my own home. But I'm not pretty or funny or interesting and I don't have friends. I've never had a relationship. My parents were abusive to each other so I guess I've learnt to be invisible to survive.

Well. That's me. I'd just love to chat with people when the loneliness gets too much.

Thanks.

Hi there. Don't feel bad, I don't have any friends either other than those few I have online and I'm sure there are lots of others here that are the same way too. I've never had a relationship other than something online, so I don't really know the first thing about that. My parents weren't abusive, but they haven't had a good relationship in I would say more than 20 years which kept me from wanting a relationship of my own for so long. I'm trying to meet new people as well, and I don't really find myself interesting either but you're welcome to message me if you want. I can always use more people to try chatting with as well.

orca89 said:
But I'm not pretty or funny or interesting and I don't have friends.

That was funny ;)
I find it interesting that people don't have much appreciation in inner beauty, which mixes in together with outside beauty to form a whole.
So, I guess that makes you funny, pretty AND interesting.

Welcome :D

haywud said:
Hi there. Don't feel bad, I don't have any friends either other than those few I have online and I'm sure there are lots of others here that are the same way too. I've never had a relationship other than something online, so I don't really know the first thing about that. My parents weren't abusive, but they haven't had a good relationship in I would say more than 20 years which kept me from wanting a relationship of my own for so long. I'm trying to meet new people as well, and I don't really find myself interesting either but you're welcome to message me if you want. I can always use more people to try chatting with as well.

Hi.
I agree. Seeing my parents has definitely tainted my view of other people. You never know what is under the mask. 
I 'stalked' your profile just now... Hope that's ok. My interests are video games and music too! This is my first forum experience  and messaging still sounds quite scary! I will work on that!

Richard_39 said:
orca89 said:
But I'm not pretty or funny or interesting and I don't have friends.

That was funny ;)
I find it interesting that people don't have much appreciation in inner beauty, which mixes in together with outside beauty to form a whole.
So, I guess that makes you funny, pretty AND interesting.

Welcome :D

Thanks.
My inner beauty does fall off the wagon more often than not. But I do try! 

orca89 said:
My inner beauty does fall off the wagon more often than not. But I do try! 

:)
Well see? You obviously got the "not funny" part wrong, so I'm sure you're wrong about the other two.

You always have the Britishness to fall back on. British women have a certain "Je ne sais quoi" that's always mysteriously irresistible ;-)

Don't worry I don't mind at all if you look at my profile, that's kind of what they're there for anyway right? If you like video games then I'm sure we would at least have something to talk about. Who knows maybe we even like some of the same music.

@Richard_39
Haha! The last couple of girls I've had a thing for have both been British, so I have to agree with you on that!

Welcome! Also Sam, also British, also female.

Richard_39 said:
You always have the Britishness to fall back on. British women have a certain "Je ne sais quoi" that's always mysteriously irresistible ;-)

Yes. Yes we do :p

Welcome, Sam! I know I'm late, but I still hope you'll feel good around here ^_^

Latest posts

Back