Can't stop worrying about what family thinks

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheAnxiousPain

Reaction score
I sent a very long message to a family member, thinking I was doing the right thing. I expressed feelings I had built up for a while, and it made me feel crazy afterwards. I ended up just talking to the member and it went smooth, and they said they thought I had went crazy, and was saying things. The convo ended well. I hung up the phone thinking they think I'm still in the same place, thinking I'm miserable... But I really just wanted to let it out. Now I feel stupid, and crazy. I can't stop thinking about how they're viewing me. What if they think I'm crazy???? But just telling me that to make me feel better. 

My anxiety is eating away at me. I'm obsessing over the past alot. I'm starting classes very soon out here in NYC, will make new friends...will this feeling go away?

Time makes everything go away.
Just concentrate on what's in front of you and don't worry too much about what's behind.
As you move into another place in life, everything will fall in together.

You should never feel crazy for telling someone how you feel. Whether it was a misunderstanding or the feeling were legit doesn't matter. What matters is that you cleared it up and things went smoothly when you talked to them.
If they do think you are crazy, that's on them, not you.

As Richard said, the past is the past. Live in the now.

TheRealCallie said:
You should never feel crazy for telling someone how you feel.  Whether it was a misunderstanding or the feeling were legit doesn't matter.  What matters is that you cleared it up and things went smoothly when you talked to them.  
If they do think you are crazy, that's on them, not you.  

As Richard said, the past is the past.  Live in the now.

Right Right. But now what if they always use this against me as being crazy?

It took a lot of courage to do that. You needed to get it off your chest to be able to move on. Sounds like you have good things to look forward to so concentrate on creating a bright future for yourself and leave the past in the past where it belongs.

Latest posts

Back